As you’ve landed on this page and began to read this guide, you’re eager to be fit and healthy. However, you may not have the time or capacity to hit the gym or go out running.
Well, let me start by breaking a fitness myth: No one is ever too busy to get fit.
How so? Because there are many health habits you can easily integrate into your everyday life. Habits that will over a period of time keep you fit, energetic and healthy.
Be it workouts or meal/diet planning — you really don’t need a lot of time to optimize your fitness. Whether you’re a busy parent, student or a workaholic, you can stay fit and healthy by creating your own schedule.
All the answers you need to creating this schedule are included in this guide. So whether you’re stuck at home with little to do or busy beyond belief, we’ve got the solutions that will give your health and personal energy a dramatic and permanent boost.
1. Find Your Motivation To Workout
“Too busy” is just an excuse — and you probably know that too. Maybe you just lack the motivation to get to work and get fitter and healthier. Fortunately, we’ve got the information you need to help you get started right now:
- 10 Ways to Quickly Boost Your Workout Motivation
- 5 Ways to Find Time for Exercise
- If You Hate Exercise, This Will Probably Change Your Mind
- 15 Tips to Restart the Exercise Habit (and How to Keep It)
2. Kickstart With Simple Workout Exercises
Workouts definitely involve some effort on your part, but don’t think of them as work! You want to approach them as something fun, enjoyable and beneficial. (Which of course they can and should be.)
Here are some of the fundamentals of home workouts to help get you started:
For Muscle Building
- Always warm up and cool down — Exercising safely means always spending a few minutes warming up at the start, and a few minutes warming down as you bring your exercise session to an end. Warm ups and warm downs might not be sexy, but they’ll reduce your chance of injury, thus enabling you to exercise more.
- Gradually increase your amount of exercise — If all the exercise you’ve done for the last few years is to walk around your home and office, then you might not want to think about running a marathon in the next few days! However, if you set yourself a target of running a marathon in six months, you could gradually build up your fitness (through daily runs) so you’d be ready to run and you’d be ready to cross the finishing line.
- Eat a snack immediately after your workout —It’s good practice to eat protein-heavy snacks within 15 minutes of wrapping up your exercise routine. This can help optimize the healing of the tiny muscle injuries that normally occur while you exercise. Protein is also satiating, which means you’ll be able to resist the temptation to eat junk food later on!
- Stay hydrated — There are many benefits to drinking plenty of fluids (preferably water), but the key benefits when it comes to your fitness are: keeping your body at peak performance, delivering nutrients to your body and regulating your body temperature. If you don’t like drinking lots of plain water, then as an alternative, consider drinking fresh fruit juices.
Grab our 30 Day Resistance Band Full Workout Challenge online guide to get the full fitness package.
For Weight Loss
- Cut back on the carbs — Traditional low-carb dieting meant surviving on things like butter and bacon all day! Although this could help with short-term weight loss, we now know that it was ultimately a one-way ticket to poor health. Fortunately, low-carb diets have evolved, and are now much healthier and balanced than before. When done in the correct way, a low-carb diet will not only help you to lose weight, but it will also enable you to feel perkier and more alive.
- Practice intermittent fasting — As the name suggests, intermittent fasting is a diet plan where you set specific fasting periods during the day. This is usually between 16-20 consecutive hours, but it can be as little as 12 hours or as much as 36 hours. While fasting, you can eat and drink low-calorie or calorie-free foods, such as green tea, juices, water and vegetables. The more time you spend fasting every day, the better your weight loss results will be.
- Take an early morning walk — A short walk after breakfast is a great way to help your digestion and a great way to wake you up. It’s also a powerful technique to put yourself into a positive mood so you’re ready for any challenges the day may throw at you. If you live near a local park, then the chance to immerse yourself in nature for 10-20 minutes will be an added bonus.
- Make small, healthy changes to your diet — Don’t try to change your diet too quickly, and don’t try to lose too much way too quickly either. The secret is to make small, sustainable changes to your diet and lifestyle. Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare? Slow and steady will win over fast and infrequent. To help you stay on track, I also recommend that you set yourself incremental goals.
Get your weight loss plan and get in shape – Your Ultimate Weight Loss Plan (Workout & Diet)
Workouts with No Equipment Needed
- Strength workouts — Discover the 12 best at-home workouts that you can use for strength and mobility.
- Build a six-pack — Discover how to build six-pack abs from the comfort of your couch!
- Burn that fat — Discover 6 fat burning exercises you can do from home.
Get started right now with your home workout by using our Simple Cardio Home Workout Plan.
Stretching for Flexibility
First, learn why stretching is so beneficial. If you’re looking for some simple stretching exercise to stay flexible, here’re some great ones:
- Warm up muscles and joints — Learn how to do a full-body warm up.
- Stretch and stretch often — Learn the secrets of effective stretching techniques.
- Stretch your full body — Learn how to safely stretch every part of your body.
3. Pay Attention to Your Diet & Nutrition Intake
What you eat and drink is a critical component of getting and staying healthy and fit. That’s why in this section, I’ve compiled a list of resources that will help you take control of your diet.
- How to find weight loss meal plans that work for you — Read about how to select the perfect weight loss plan for you.
- What to eat and what not to eat for weight loss — Read about the good and bad foods that can make or break your weight loss goals.
- What to eat and what not to eat for a balanced diet — Read about the best foods to eat to ensure you have a healthy, balanced diet.
Healthy Meals Ideas (With Recipes)
- Healthy breakfast ideas — From chia breakfast pudding to buckwheat breakfast muffins, find a tasty and healthy breakfast to help you start the day on a high.
- Healthy lunch ideas — From quinoa veggie bowl to steak fajita salad, find a healthy lunch that works for you.
- Healthy dinner ideas — From pesto pasta to stuffed chicken, find dinner ideas that will help you lose weight and gain muscle strength.
- Healthy snacks — From miso soup to fruit ice lollypops, find snack ideas that will satisfy your taste without destroying your health.
- Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss (The Ultimate Weight Loss Hack) — This guide will teach you all about intermittent fasting weight loss. It’ll explain in simple terms why it is one of the best weight loss diet hacks around. With just a few minutes investment of your time, you’ll be able to implement intermittent fasting into your diet and instantly experience the many benefits it offers.
- Intermittent Fasting Diet for Beginners (The Complete Guide) — This guide will take you through the basics of why intermittent fasting is beneficial, how to start an intermittent fasting diet and how to incorporate it into your daily routine. You’ll also learn how to overcome the 3 major problems most people encounter when attempting to fast for the first time.
4. Sufficient Sleep & Energy
Are you sleeping well? If not, this could be undermining your overall health and energy.
Let’s look at some quick and simple ways to fix this common problem.
Hack Your Sleep Cycle
The Importance of Sleep Cycles on Productivity (+ Tips to Improve Yours) — Did you know that when we sleep properly our body and mind pass through 5 different stages? These are stages 1, 2, 3 and 4 and REM (Rapid Eye Movement). Each stage is associated with different brain waves. When we successfully pass through all 5 stages, we achieve a complete sleep cycle, which typically takes about 90 minutes. Of course, if any of the stages are interrupted, our sleep cycle will be interrupted too, and our chance to benefit from a good night’s sleep will be lost.
Build a Night Routine
Your Night Routine Guide to Sleeping Better & Waking Up Productive — Would you like to be able to sleep better and feel motivated when you wake up? This doesn’t have to be a dream when you follow the specific steps in the above article. You’ll learn why a night routine is just as important as a morning routine, and why what you do in an evening will inevitably dictate how you sleep and how you feel the next day.
Natural Ways For Better Sleep
- 5 Things That Will Help You Sleep Naturally
- The Night Owl’s Guide to Better Sleep
- 20 Best Guided Meditations for Sleep and Insomnia
- 8 Essential Vitamins And Minerals to Help You Sleep Better
- This Is Why You Should Sleep on Your Left Side (Backed by Science)
- How to Get Deep Sleep in 5 Steps Naturally
The Ultimate Solution – Busy Yet Fit
If you don’t want to spend time reading through the articles, then I recommend you sign up to our course Busy Yet Fit [ Lifehack Master Class ]
This online course, presented by fitness expert Davide Alfonsi, will help you to lose 10 pounds in just 4 weeks. No gym, no equipment, and no counting calories required.
More Resrouces To Help You Stay Fit
This guide gives you everything you need to boost your mental and physical health — but only if you take action on the advice given!
If you need any further inspiration, check out the following:
- 15 Effective Workout Tips Backed by Scientific Research
- Lose Stomach Fat Fast With These 10 Diet Hacks
- 10 Best Protein Powder for Effective Weight Loss
- How to Stop Overeating the Healthy Way (Step-by-Step Guide)
- 20 Health Affirmations to Stay Fit Physically and Mentally
- 11 Simple Yet Powerful Habits of a Healthy Family
- How Adding Flow Yoga to Your Workout Routine Boosts Your Gains
- Walk While You Work, You’ll Be 10X Healthier
- Why You Should Keep a Fitness Journal to Jumpstart Weight Loss
- The Secrets That Fitness Figures on Instagram Don’t Want You to Know
- 25 Healthy Habits for a Fitter Body and Happier Mind
- 13 Best Fitness Apps to Use in the Comfort of Your Home
- 8 Wonderful Weight Loss Tracker Apps: Achieve Your Fitness Goals Fast
- 10 Best Therapy Apps to Better Your Mental Health Anywhere
- This App Can Help You Get Thoughts Out Of Your Mind And Aid A Good Night Sleep
- Use “Zombies, Run!” and Your Running Experience Will Never Be Boring Again
- 22 Best Habit Tracking Apps You Need in 2020
- The Top 10 iPhone Apps for Losing Weight and Getting in Shape
- 10 Running Apps for Every Type of Runner
- 16 Awesome Apps That Will Wake Up And Kick-Start Your Morning
- 10 Meal Planning Apps You Need To Have To Get Healthier Easily