What is success?
Is it wealth? Is it happiness? Webster’s dictionary has three definitions:
- The fact of getting or achieving wealth respect or fame.
- The correct or desired result of an attempt.
The late Zig Ziglar was one of the most respected modern day experts on success, motivation, and leading a balanced life. In his book Born to Win!, he argues that success cannot be defined in one sentence, but instead it is comprised of many things. One could argue that the definition depends on the individual and one size does not fit all.
Here are 20 new definitions of success, find your own success definition and create meaning for your life:
1. Success is always doing your best.
Success can be achieved when you try your best in all aspects of everything you do.
2. Success is properly setting concrete goals.
Be realistic and concrete when setting goals. Success does not come from setting abstract goals.
3. Success is having a place to call home.
Home is where your heart soars. You are always successful when you can call a place home.
4. Success is understanding the difference between need and want.
If you can meet your monthly obligations and fulfill your basic needs, you are successful.
5. Success is believing you can.
If you believe you can, you will succeed.
6. Success is remembering to balance work with passion.
Work without passion creates undue stress and empty achievements. Focus on what excites you.
7. Success is taking care of your needs.
Remember to put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others.
8. Success is learning that you sometimes have to say no.
Success only comes with a balanced life. Part of balance is learning to say no.
9. Success is knowing your life is filled with abundance.
Love, health, friends, family… life is filled with abundance.
10. Success is understanding you cannot keep what you don’t give away.
You will only succeed if you help others succeed.
11. Success is overcoming fear.
Conquering a fear makes you feel invincible. No one can stop you now.
12. Success is learning something new each day.
Successful people understand learning never stops.
13. Success is learning that losing a few battles can help you win a war.
Successful people choose their battles wisely.
14. Success is loving and being loved back.
Unconditional love is the best!
15. Success is standing your ground when you believe in something.
Successful people never give up on things they believe with all their heart.
16. Success is not giving up.
Perseverance creates grit, grit achieves success
17. Success is celebrating small victories.
Anytime a goal is reached or an obstacle is overcome, take time to celebrate.
18. Success is never letting a disability hold you back.
Disabilities do not define a person’s success. The body and mind will compensate.
19. Success is understanding you control your destiny.
Your destiny is controlled by you and you alone.
More About Success
- 15 Inspiring Ideas to Boost Your Motivation for Success
- How To Be Successful In Life? 13 Tips From The Most Successful People
- 3 Keys to Success in Life (That Will Change You This Year)
Featured photo credit: Unsplash via unsplash.com