How do you define success?
Is it wealth? Is it happiness? Webster’s dictionary has three definitions:
- The fact of getting or achieving wealth respect or fame.
- The correct or desired result of an attempt.
Success can be achieved when you try your best in all aspects of everything you do.
2. Success is properly setting concrete goals.
Be realistic and concrete when setting goals. Success does not come from setting abstract goals.
3. Success is having a place to call home.
Home is where your heart soars. You are always successful when you can call a place home.
4. Success is understanding the difference between need and want.
If you can meet your monthly obligations and fulfill your basic needs, you are successful.
5. Success is believing you can.
If you believe you can, you will succeed.
6. Success is remembering to balance work with passion.
Work without passion creates undue stress and empty achievements. Focus on what excites you.
7. Success is taking care of your needs.
Remember to put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others.
8. Success is learning that you sometimes have to say no.
Success only comes with a balanced life. Part of balance is learning to say no.
9. Success is knowing your life is filled with abundance.
Love, health, friends, family… life is filled with abundance.
10. Success is understanding you cannot keep what you don’t give away.
You will only succeed if you help others succeed.
11. Success is overcoming fear.
Conquering a fear makes you feel invincible. No one can stop you now.
12. Success is seeing your child graduate.
Your love, guidance, and discipline has paid off. You both succeed today.
13. Success is learning something new each day.
Successful people understand learning never stops.
14. Success is learning that losing a few battles can help you win a war.
Successful people choose their battles wisely.
15. Success is loving and being loved back.
Unconditional love is the best!
16. Success is standing your ground when you believe in something.
Successful people never give up on things they believe with all their heart.
17. Success is not giving up.
Perseverance creates grit, grit achieves success
18. Success is celebrating small victories.
Anytime a goal is reached or an obstacle is overcome, take time to celebrate.
19. Success is never letting a disability hold you back.
Disabilities do not define a person’s success. The body and mind will compensate.
20. Success is understanding you control your destiny.
Your destiny is controlled by you and you alone.
Featured photo credit: Unsplash via unsplash.com