As bad as it looks, more or less every woman is embraced by cellulite. There are many factors that play roles in producing cellulite in bodies, especially that of the women. There is a common misconception that only obese women suffer from cellulite. This information is incorrect. Even slim ladies can have this dimpled presence of cellulite in certain body parts such as thigh, hips, and buttocks. Regardless of whether one is thin or fat, cellulite can appear for various reasons. Some of the main reasons are:
- Total body fats
- Poor diet
- Lack of proper exercises
- Hormone changes
- Slow metabolism
- Density and the color of the skin
There are many options to get rid of cellulite. Visiting the doctor and spending bag full of dollars in liposuction is one option. Another is buying expensive creams from the pharmacy. There are little verification that such treatments work permanently. But opting for a much cheaper and natural ways to get rid of cellulite is a win-win situation for all. Here are 10 natural quick ways to get rid of cellulite for your convenient.
1. Exfoliating Coffee Scrub
Coffee grounds are a good source of exfoliation. This scrub will assist to remove dead cells from the skin and produce new, healthy cells instead. Massaging this scrub will stimulate blood circulation, and can tighten the loose skin caused by cellulite.
- 1/4 cup coffee grounds
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil (if you don’t have coconut oil at home, replace it with extra virgin olive oil)
- Mix everything together and form a paste. Use a little bit of this paste and firmly message for several minutes on the affected areas. Wash as usual. Don’t use it for more than 3 times per week. Continue this massage weekly until you get your desired results. Store the mixture in a airtight jar for further treatment.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar To Get Rid Of Cellulite
Apple cider vinegar is a multi-purposeful solution to many complicated situations. Similarly, apple cider vinegar can be used to get rid of cellulite. The vinegar contains potassium, magnesium, minerals, and calcium. These chemical components decreases cellulite, eliminates toxins, and controls excess water around the thighs and stomach. Here’s how:
- 1 part of apple cider vinegar
- 2 parts of water
- Few drops of honey
- Mix the above ingredients, massage the mixture on the affected areas and leave for 30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this twice a day and continue till you are satisfied with the result.
3. Hydrate Your Body With Water
Water is one component that can heal anything. Cellulite has toxins in it. Drinking adequate amount of water per day is sufficient enough to flush out toxins from the body, maintaining a healthy glow, and a stronger immune system. Add different flavorful ices into your water to add extra zeal to it.
- Drink 2liters, or 8 glasses of water per day.
4. Dry Brushing
Dry brushing is a great way to stimulate blood circulation around your body, brushes off dead skins, and helps to grow new cells on your skin. Dry brushing is one of the cheapest option to stimulate lymphatic drainage, and removes build-ups from the toxins in the body, thus, leaving your skin cellulite free, and glowing.
- Take a natural bristle brush and softly brush starting from your feet and stopping at your shoulders. You can also brush in a counter clockwise motion while brushing up, and especially on your stomach. Do it for five minutes, twice a day, and of course, before shower or before going to bed.
- Make sure both the brush and your body remain dry during this massage.
5. Juniper Oil To Help Get Rid Of Cellulite
Juniper essential oil is effective in reducing the fluid absorption in the body. Thus, it is very helpful in reducing cellulite as well.
- 10 drops of juniper oil
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Mix the two oils and gently rub on the cellulite areas for 10 minutes.
- Massage this oil mixture twice daily for a month. Your skin will be smoother and firmer than before.
6. Daily Moisturizing Your Body
Daily moisturizing will assist in eliminating cellulite from your body, leaving your skin smoother, softer, and better. Regardless of the season, one should have the daily habit of moisturizing the body. Opt for natural ones rather than chemical infused lotions. The best natural moisturizing lotion can be found in coconut oil. Coconut oil is high in saturated fats, it has anti fungal as well as antibacterial properties. Massaging this oil after shower will firm the skin, deleting cellulite, if done on a daily basis.
- Take few drops of coconut oil and rub it on your entire body. Do this after shower. The wetness of the shower will lock in the coconut oil’s moisture in your body.
7. Tangerine Oil
Another essential oil, tangerine, has a vital role in abolishing toxins from the body. Similar to other oils, tangerine oil also stimulates blood circulation and cutting down the fats, which eventually lead to cellulite.
- 5 drops of tangerine oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Combine the two oils together and massage the affected areas for 10 minutes. Use this combination twice a day.
- Avoid exposing to sunlight one hour after using this.
8. A Diet Enrich In Omega-3
Omega-3 contains fatty acids and fat soluble vitamins that helps to build a strong immune system, making the tissues and the skin smooth, eventually reducing cellulite over time. Taking proper portion of Omega-3 daily will result in a cellulite free body. Salmon contains Omega-3. If you don’t like to take fish, opt for Cod Liver Oil capsules or syrup. One teaspoon daily, or one capsule daily.
Seaweed is also a natural exfoliator, similar to coffee grounds. Massaging a seaweed paste has benefits of activating proper blood circulation, eliminates toxins from the body, and improves the skin, making it smooth and cellulite free.
- 3 tablespoon of ground seaweed
- 1/4 cup of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Few drops of essential oil (your preferred one)
- Combine altogether and rub into the affected areas for 10 minutes before going to shower.
- Apply moisturizer later.
- Continue this once a week till you get your desired result.
10. Stable Hormones
A well balanced diet, and a healthy lifestyle produce a stable hormone. And hormones are important not only to stay fit, but also to fight against cellulite. Add colors to your meal. Introduce varieties of vegetables, fresh fruit, lean meat, and fish. Sleep adequately, and drink plenty of water. Exercise properly, and stay anxiety-free. You will gradually and successfully get rid of cellulite.
Featured photo credit: JAYANNPO via shutterstock.com