One fine day, something about your life may feel off. Perhaps you notice someone doing something you always wanted to do. Or something chaotic or difficult is thrown your way. You realize you want to stop and get off the fast moving life you are in and breathe, and think. Or rethink. The kind of thinking where you say,
“Is this what I want to do with my life? Is this all there is? Am I making a difference?”
It’s easy to keep doing what you’re doing and justify how hard it would be to set upon a different path. The excuses are all out there, as well as the conditioning you have about getting what you want. About living the life you came here to live. We each have our own unique path and only you will know if something feels off, and what it is you really want to be doing.
Other peoples opinions can mask your own too, and that can be a killer of living the life you really want.
Here are 10 signs you need a major life change. See if any of these resonate and make the decision to claim this one life of yours and live it to its fullest.
- You find your mind drifting off into better ways of being.
- You romanticize the past to escape the present.
- Your actions don’t align with your words.
- You sense you’re settling.
- You feel disenchanted with life.
- Your relationships feel superficial.
- You start to lie to yourself and others to avoid the truth.
- You feel numb.
- You resist unexpected opportunities out of fear of the unknown or what others will say.
- You see someone with a great life and you want what they have.
If any of these resonate with you, start where you are. Perhaps you are stuck and have no idea where to begin. The best place may be to stop and think about what it is that you want to be doing, where you want to be living and who you want to spend your time with.
Take a pad and paper and head to a quiet spot, preferably in nature and answer these questions:
- How do I want to spend my day, morning to night?
- Where do I want to be?
- Who do I want to hang out with?
- What is the biggest problem facing me in my life right now and who can I turn to for advice or as a sounding board?
- What are the reasons I feel as if I cannot or should not or will not have the life I desire?
- Write yourself a letter about the reasons you CAN have the life you want and what you could do to get there. There are so many answers inside you!
There are many great masters in a variety of professions, careers and life choices that made a complete 180 degree turnaround. At a point in their lives they either felt one or more of the ten rumblings above or something ruptured in their lives and made them rethink everything.
Take some time to research successful individuals that have achieved whatever it is that you want, that are living the kind of life that you want. See how they did it and perhaps read about their humble or difficult beginnings. Get inspired!
So go and seize the day, live the life you were meant to live and don’t let another moment go by without changing your direction. You may take time reaching your destination but you will be on a new path.
Go for it!
Here are links to some amazing talks about how to get started.
Featured photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/viamoi/3303676088/ via flickr.com
Set a goal for yourself
"Life is hard at times. But when I overcome more challenges, I become much stronger then. So I’m going to embrace them."Add To My Goal
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook