Gone are the days when your influence was established by the official titles you assumed or the following you had by virtue of your talent. In today’s world, your influence is assessed by how many people you follow on Twitter and how many people follow you.
If you follow a few people but a lot of people follow you, it automatically establishes your authority and helps you gain even more followers.
Since social networks are an important part of both the personal and professional fronts of one’s life, there are an enormous number of services that help you become a known figure to extend your reach beyond your immediate connections. I have learned a lot from a service called Tweet Full, which was developed to teach you how to gain more followers.
Things don’t work without reason. I have invested a lot of time trying to understand what people want on social media and thus I came up with the hypothesis that people want attention and if you give them attention, you will get equal or more back.
So I thought over and over again to come up with a perfect way to give attention to someone in hopes that I get some back. For Twitter, the easiest way to give you attention is to find someone who says things that you like and then “favorite” their tweets that sound interesting to you.
When you favorite someone’s tweets, they will immediately get a notification and/or email from Twitter that you favorited their tweet. They will obviously become curious to know who you are, and very likely click on your profile to know more about the person who appreciates what they do.
Hypothesis are for chumps if they cannot be executed. Moreover, the execution must be simple enough for a common man (like myself) to follow. I am not a chump. I do have an execution plan to follow my hypothesis. The plan is dead easy to follow as well, involving how to favorite or retweet the tweets in your area of interest.
There are two ways to do this. The first one is manual but free, and the second costs you a buck for 30 days but is plenty effective and time saving.
1. The first thing to do is to identify the keywords you want to have in your tweets. Let us, for this example, say your keyword is “Fitness” and “Health.”
2. Then, you need to go to Twitter Advanced Search and put in these keywords. Once you have set up your search, hit the button to get results.
On the results page, you will see a list of tweets. The ones that look good and are from people that seem to be authoritative, so favorite or retweet those based on your preferences. It is usually a good idea to favorite the tweets that are not very positive and retweet those that have a strong positive vibe.
You can repeat the above steps as many times as you want in a day. In order to trade time for dollars, I chose Tweet Full, the Auto Twitter Favorite Tool that does this for me automatically.
I have looked at a lot of Twitter Auto Favorite services and chose Tweet Full because it is so far the most advanced program. It not only takes care of the search functionality, but comes with added intelligence. Moreover, you can repeat this process every 10 minutes to get maximum benefit.
Here is how to use Tweet Full to run your Twitter marketing automatically:
1. Sign up for Tweet Full by visiting their website.
2. Create a promotion and enter your keywords. Separate your Twitter keywords with commas. You can also add exact match phrases and even keywords you want to avoid.
3. Set a threshold for sentiment. For instance, if you only want to favorite tweets that say something in an extremely positive way (a fitness freak in this example), then you could set this sentiment score to be 80-100% positive. If you are a fitness coach, you can find people saying negative things about their belly.
4. You can also set the influence that people already have by giving Klout Score. Your Klout Score is a measure of Twitter influence. A value of 30 is a good minimum and a value of 40 is decent.
5. If you want people to have certain keywords in their profiles, you could set that in your promotion too.
6. Finally, select the frequency, and you are done.
This will activate Tweet Full automatic favorites and you will see the results in as soon as 10 minutes. If you do not want your favorite count to go big, you could, after a few hours, also set your Tweet Full promotion to automatically un-favorite tweets that it favorited.
The Cherry On Top
Since people are going to visit your profile, you want to make sure your profile is so good that it keeps them coming back. Here are the tips to woo your Twitter profile visitors:
1. Have a stunning picture as your profile pic.
2. Have a good looking cover (header) picture.
3. Remember that a background picture is nice, but not really mandatory.
4. Have a decent theme color to make sure it aligns with your website if you are a professional or a business owner.
5. Most importantly, have a great persuasive Twitter bio with a link to your website.
6. Finally, have a pinned tweet that has a Call to Action in it.
If you are struggling with content to post on your social media accounts, I would recommend tools like Folwd that will help find you the perfect content to share with your audience, and at the right time.
If you try my suggestions above on a brand new account, you will start seeing traction within roughly two months. If you already have a decently populated Twitter account, this will take you far in becoming an authority in no time.
While tools are not mandatory, they help you get more out of Twitter without spending much time. But if your time is not as expensive as the tools, you can do the same thing yourself. It is simply trading time for dollars.
Comment below to let me know what you think of this hack. Also, if you start your Twitter account when you start using these tips, post your starting follower count and come back after a month to let me know how it worked out for you!
Featured photo credit: intelfreepress via flic.kr