Wisdom is an oft-valued, yet rarely seen trait across the world. Cultures, families, and even businesses revere it, but how many of your own friends would you call wise? I know I wouldn’t ascribe this trait to hundreds of my friends, but I deeply value the friends I do attach it to.
This is not to make people feel guilty for being unwise; it’s simply true that wisdom remains an elusive characteristic. As the adage goes, wisdom often comes with experience, and experience often comes with age.
Many young people are told by older people that they can’t attain certain things in life yet simply because of their age. Generational differences can cause tension at times, but the truth is that wisdom can be attained at any age — you just need to be looking for it. At times, this requires more effort than we might like to admit.
It’s difficult to find wisdom nuggets in the modern-day media landscape. Part of this is because so much media is structured in the direction of entertainment rather than edification. The desire for fun, frivolity, and limitless indulging has grossly overtaken that of earnest self improvement in many cases.
These days, you truly have to fight to uncover wisdom; it won’t be waiting for you at every turn. There is some validity to the idea that wisdom takes time to obtain, grow, and share. However, as you pack your life full of experiences, relationships, choices, and goals, wisdom will slowly come knocking at your door. It’s simply your job to open the door when she does knock.
Despite some considering wisdom to be an impractical, “archaic” trait, wisdom remains as powerful as ever. If there were a way to hack the process of becoming wiser, would you want to utilize such a process? Such is the impetus for this post, a hand-picked collection of 33 quotes full of pure wisdom.
Wisdom regularly takes on different faces. It can be the teacher providing some stern insight during a moment of discipline, the diehard friend sharing encouragement during a time of sadness, or even the grandfather or grandmother offering sagacious observations about the choices in daily life. All of these are perfect analogs of some of the quotes you’ll see below.
Looking for that concise bit of truth? Have a friend who needs some power-packed encouragement? Are you simply a knowledge junkie who’s always on the hunt for pure wisdom? Wherever you find yourself this week, dive right into this quote collection and enjoy the wisdom within.
1. Self-Discipline Is Everything
2. A Moment Of Patience
3. Look Back On Your Life And Say…
4. These Two Things Define You
5. It Takes Courage
6. Wise Men Are Not Always Silent
7. What Susie Says Of Sally
8. This Is When Our Days Are Happier
9. To Live Is The Rarest Thing In The World
10. Here’s How To Be Outstanding
11. You Can Give A Person Knowledge
12. What A Wise Person Knows
13. Don’t Stop To Throw Stones
14. Train Your Mind To See The Good
15. You Are Not Born A Winner
16. Never Hope For It More Than…
17. Teach Children How To Think
18. When Life Puts You In Tough Situations
19. Take A Deep Breath
20. Is The Glass Half Empty Or Half Full?
21. A Person’s Actions Will Tell You Everything
22. Opportunities Are Like Sunrises
23. Worry About Loving Yourself
24. Sometimes Life Is About Risking Everything For…
25. Keep Putting Out Good
26. Here’s My Mission In Life
27. The Days You Are Most Uncomfortable
28. How To Live A Creative Life
29. Here’s One Reason People Resist Change
30. It Is Okay To Be Angry
31. Anyone Can Find The Dirt In Someone
32. The Difficulties You Face