33 Clothing Hacks That Will Save You A Lot Of Money
Instead of replacing clothing at the first sign of wear and tear, why not use these 33 clothing hacks to keep your clothing fresh, fixed and free!
1. De-Pill Your Clothing Using A Razor.
After you’ve run a razor over your clothing, use tape to pick off any left overs.
2. Sew On A Button.
It’s that easy!
3. A Tie Is A Man’s Jewellery.
You don’t need a lot of ties, just a few different ways to tie it.
4. Use A Sharpie To Cover Bleach Stains.
Blot out the bleach instantly.
5. Use a Hair Straighteners As a Collar Iron.
Don’t have the heat to high or leave the straighteners on the fabric too long or you may cause damage… and a fire.
6. Fix A Zipper With Candle Wax, Crayons, A Pencil Or Nail Polish.
No really! Get The full tutorials here.
7. Stop Your Fly from Opening.
Use an elastic band, or buy an actual Zip Holder.
8. Take Jean Hems Up Yourself.
Here’s the full how-to.
9. Use Shaving Foam To Remove Make-Up Stains.
We recommend washing the clothing after you’ve covered it in shaving foam though.
10. Attach Something To The End Of Your Pyjama Ties To Stop Them From Disappearing Into The Hem.
A safety pin may a bit stabby, so re recommend a button or a thick hairband.
11. Widen Shoes By Filling Them With Water.
It may seem like madness, but placing water inside your shoes and putting them in the freezer overnight will expand them so they fit perfectly.
12. Use A Straw So You Never Lose Your Hoody Strings Again.
You only need an inch of straw, there’s no need to have the whole string covered in straws.
13. Wear Your Leather Jacket In The Rain To Get That Distressed Look.
Not into the glossy, new leather jacket look? Create the distressed, vintage look by wearing the jacket in bad weather.
14. Try Jeans On Without Actually Trying Them On.
Jeans shopping is the most time-consuming, soul-destroying experience ever, so instead of trying jeans on see if the waistline will fit around your neck. If it does, chances are they’ll fit your waist.
15. White Wine Removes Red Wine.
It really does! Get the full tutorial here.
16. Window Cleaner Will Also Clean Patent Leather.
Just spray and wipe.
17. Talcum Powder Removes Oil Stains.
Apply the talc to the area and leave it over night.
18. Lemon Juice Will Remove Armpit Odours.
Spray a little lemon on the affected area and those odours will evaporate.
19. Hem With A Glue Gun If You Want Quick Results.
If you’re in a rush or you don’t have the sewing skills necessary, just use a glue gun to take up those long items.
20. Cold Water And Vinegar Will Remove Stains.
This mixture will remove stains form leather without causing any damage.
21. Use A Hairdryer To Make Shoes More Comfortable.
Put on a pair of thick socks and put on your shoes. Blow-dry your feet and the heat will stretch out your shoes.
22. Use Vaseline To Unstick A Zipper.
By greasing up the zip you’ll make it easier to undo.
23. Clear Nail Varnish Will Stop A Ladder In Your Tights.
Make sure the nail varnish is clear!
24. Pull On The Fabric Around A Thread To Pull It Back Into Place.
Move between tugging on the sides and top and bottom of the lose thread.
25. Washing Up Liquid Will Remove Oil Stains.
The Dawn brand is also gentle on your clothing.
26. Tame A Wild Underwire Using Adhesive Moleskin.
You can get adhesive moleskin from almost any drugstore.
27. Moisturise Leather.
If you don’t have shoe polish lying about then use moisturiser instead.
28. Cover Sneakers In Baking Soda To Remove Odours.
The baking soda will soak up any sweat that’s on your shoes. Gross, but true.
29. Clear Nail Varnish Will Stop A Button Falling Off.
Avoid sewing the button back on right now with this quick fix.
30. Use Clear Nail Polish To Tighten Sunglasses.
If your sunglasses’ arms a little loose, dab some nail polish on the hinge until you can get to a tiny screwdriver.
31. Hairspray Will Remove A Lipstick Stain.
Spray hairspray on the lipstick stain and let it settle for a few minutes before putting the item in the washing machine.
32. Put Your Jeans In The Freezer To Remove Odour.
The cold will kill smelly bacteria without fading your denim.
33. Stop Sweaters Shredding By Putting Them In The Freezer.
Leave the sweater in the freezer overnight and there’ll be no more shedding!
Enjoy these 33 clothing hacks to make life a little simpler and more manageable!
Featured photo credit: Unsplashvia unsplash.imgix.net
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook