Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. Helen Keller
How can you hold tight to that feeling of hope when you are overwhelmed?Advertising
Are hope and faith for the future the basis for your personal happiness?
Feeling like there is no hope is one of the most challenging emotions to manage.Advertising
After all, why would you even try when you feel there is no hope?
Finding hope when it seems like there’s none to be found can be tricky, but it is possible.
The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof. Barbara Kingsolver
All of us have challenges at times, and we all have moments when there doesn’t appear to be a way out. It is there though, we just need the courage and faith to walk through our wilderness and find our meadow.Advertising
When you are feeling in a low funk, try these strategies to raise your vibes:
- Consider all the amazing things you’ve done in your life. Regardless of what you’re facing, remember your earlier miracles and know you’re entirely capable of working through it. For humans, the seemingly impossible is, in fact, possible. Learn to change your mindset and that will allow you to see all those amazing things.
- Surround yourself with optimism. You’ve come across people who persistently see the bright side of things. They will always see the sunny side of every situation. They will always have a smile and a positive attitude. Find a group of those people and soak up the positive emotions from them.
- Allow inspiration in. Your faith could be a great source of inspiration. Reading books and listening to music that is up-lifting can create positive vibes. 10 Inspiration success resources worth checking out.
- Spend time in nature. For many, nature’s bounty is awe-inspiring, from flowers and waterfalls to butterflies and spider webs. When you see what’s possible, you realize that you’re capable of remarkable things too.
- Be courageous. Cultivating hope requires courage to take that first step forward. Give yourself the chance to find your way through your challenges. Take that first step and then the next. You will soon be on the other side and ready to tackle your next challenge.
If you really want to find hope in your life, you can, it’s always there! You just have to want to find it. You have to look to find the sweeter side of life.
Although your search for hope might take some work, never give up. Just keep working through it and you’ll discover that you have plenty of reasons to be hopeful.
Featured photo credit: silhouette in a communication tunnel via Shutterstock
Last Updated on March 24, 2021
8 Smart Home Gadgets You Need in Your House
We’ve all done it. We’ve gone out and bought useless gadgets that we don’t really need, just because they seemed really cool at the time. Then, we are stuck with a bunch of junk, and end up tossing it or trying to sell it on Ebay.
On the other hand, there are some pretty awesome tech inventions that are actually useful. For instance, many of the latest home gadgets do some of your work for you, from adjusting the home thermostat to locking your front door. And, if used as designed, these tools should really help to make your life a lot easier—and that’s not just a claim from some infomercial trying to sell you yet another useless gadget.
Take a look at some of the most popular “smart gadgets” on the market:
A smart lock lets you lock and unlock your doors by using your smartphone, a special key fob, or biometrics. These locks are keyless, and much more difficult for intruders to break into, making your home a lot safer. You can even use a special app to let people into your home if you are not there to greet them.
Wouldn’t you just love to have a pot of coffee waiting for you when you get home from work? What about a “smart pan” that tells you exactly when you need to flip that omelet? From meat thermometers to kitchen scales, you’ll find a variety of “smart” gadgets designed to make culinary geeks salivate.
If you love big sound, but hate how much space big speakers take up, and if you want a stereo system that is no bigger than your fist, check out the Play:1 mini speaker. All you have to do is plug it in, connect, and then you can stream without worrying about any interruptions or interface. You can even add onto it, and have different music playing in different rooms.
These are the latest in home security, and they connect to the Wi-Fi in your home. You can use your mobile devices to monitor what is going on in your home at all times, no matter where you are. Options include motion sensors, two-way audio, and different recording options.
This is a thermostat that lives with you. It can sense seasonal changes, temperature changes, etc., and it will adjust itself automatically. You will never have to fiddle with a thermostat dial or keypad again, because this one basically does all of the work for you. It can also help you to save as much as 12% on heating bills, and 15% on cooling bills.
Control your home lighting from your remote device. This is great if you are out and want to make sure that there are some lights on. It is designed to be energy efficient, so it will pay for itself over time because you won’t have to spend so much on your monthly energy bills.
Whether you love movies, television shows, music, etc., you can stream it all using Google Chromecast Ultra. Stream all of the entertainment you love in up to 4K UHD and HDR, for just $69 monthly.
This home security system will automatically contact emergency services when they are needed. This system offers both video and audio surveillance, so there will be evidence if there are any break-ins on your property. You can also use it to check up on what’s happening at home when you are not there, including to make sure the kids are doing their homework.
Featured photo credit: Karolina via kaboompics.com