Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. Helen Keller
How can you hold tight to that feeling of hope when you are overwhelmed?Advertising
Are hope and faith for the future the basis for your personal happiness?
Feeling like there is no hope is one of the most challenging emotions to manage.Advertising
After all, why would you even try when you feel there is no hope?
Finding hope when it seems like there’s none to be found can be tricky, but it is possible.
The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof. Barbara Kingsolver
All of us have challenges at times, and we all have moments when there doesn’t appear to be a way out. It is there though, we just need the courage and faith to walk through our wilderness and find our meadow.Advertising
When you are feeling in a low funk, try these strategies to raise your vibes:
- Consider all the amazing things you’ve done in your life. Regardless of what you’re facing, remember your earlier miracles and know you’re entirely capable of working through it. For humans, the seemingly impossible is, in fact, possible. Learn to change your mindset and that will allow you to see all those amazing things.
- Surround yourself with optimism. You’ve come across people who persistently see the bright side of things. They will always see the sunny side of every situation. They will always have a smile and a positive attitude. Find a group of those people and soak up the positive emotions from them.
- Allow inspiration in. Your faith could be a great source of inspiration. Reading books and listening to music that is up-lifting can create positive vibes. 10 Inspiration success resources worth checking out.
- Spend time in nature. For many, nature’s bounty is awe-inspiring, from flowers and waterfalls to butterflies and spider webs. When you see what’s possible, you realize that you’re capable of remarkable things too.
- Be courageous. Cultivating hope requires courage to take that first step forward. Give yourself the chance to find your way through your challenges. Take that first step and then the next. You will soon be on the other side and ready to tackle your next challenge.
If you really want to find hope in your life, you can, it’s always there! You just have to want to find it. You have to look to find the sweeter side of life.
Although your search for hope might take some work, never give up. Just keep working through it and you’ll discover that you have plenty of reasons to be hopeful.
Featured photo credit: silhouette in a communication tunnel via Shutterstock
Last Updated on June 19, 2019
How to Practice Positive Meditation in 2 Simple Steps
Just by simply spending some effort and time, staying positive every day can be easily achieved. All that is required is a fraction of your time, 10-15 minutes a day to cultivate the positive you!
But first, what is really positive thinking? Do you have to be in an upbeat, cheerful and enthusiastic mood all day to be positive minded?
No. Positive thinking simply means the absence of negative thoughts and emotions – in other words, inner peace!
When you are truly at peace within yourself, you are naturally thinking positively. You don’t have to fight off negative thoughts, or search desperately for more positive thoughts. It just happens on its own. And here are 2 positive thinking meditation tips to empower you:
1. Relax as You Meditate
A powerful, simple yet rarely used technique is meditation. Meditation doesn’t have to take the form of static body posture. It can be as simple as sitting in a comfortable chair listening to soothing music. Or performing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing exercises.
Meditation is all about letting go of stressful or worrisome thoughts. That’s it! If you spend just a few minutes per day feeling relaxed and peaceful, you automatically shift your mind into a more positive place. When you FEEL more relaxed, you naturally THINK more positively!
Start with a short period of time, like 5 or 10 minutes a day. You can meditate first thing in the morning, during your lunch break, right before you go to bed at night, or any time. The most important thing is to consciously let go of unproductive thoughts and feelings. Just let them go for those few minutes, and you may decide not to pick them back up again at all!
2. Practice Daily Affirmations
Positive affirmations can be used throughout the day anywhere and at anytime you need them, the more you use them the easier positive thoughts will take over negative ones and you will see benefits happening in your life.
What are affirmations? Affirmations are statements that are used in a positive present tense language. For example, “Every day, in every way, I’m getting better, better and better” is a popular affirmation used by the late Norman Vincent Peale.
So how does one go about using positive affirmations in everyday life? Let’s look at some guidelines to follow when reciting your daily affirmations.
- Use first person pronouns in your message (I)
- Use present tense (I have)
- Use positive messages (I am happy)
- Repeat your affirmations on a consistent basis
Affirmations have to be said with conviction and consistency. Start your day by saying your affirmations out loud. It wouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to repeat your affirmations; yet when done consistently, these positive affirmations will seep into the subconscious mind to cultivate the new positive you.
Here’s an example of a “success affirmation” you can use on a daily basis:
I am successful in everything I do. Every venture I get into returns wealth to me. I am constantly productive. I always perform to the full potential I have and have respect for my abilities.
My work is always given positive recognition. I augment my income constantly. I always have adequate money for everything I require. I spend my money prudently always. My work is always rewarded.
You can find more examples here: 10 Positive Affirmations for Success that will Change your Life
Remember, affirmations work on the basis of conviction and consistency. Do yourself a favor and make a commitment to see this through.
Begin practicing these positive thinking tips right now. And I wish you continued empowerment and growth on your positive thinking journey.
More About Positive Thinking
- 10 Practical Tips To Make Positive Thinking Your Habit
- How to Have Happy Thoughts and Train Your Brain to Be Happy
- Meditation Can Change Your Life: The Power of Mindfulness
- 15 Reasons Why Meditation Will Make You Successful
Featured photo credit: Jacob Townsend via unsplash.com