Music has the power to affect our emotions in powerful ways and this is why it has long been known that working out to the right songs can give you the edge and help push you further in your workout. Lyrics can act as powerful affirmations and words of inspiration that can reaffirm your belief in your abilities and achieving your goals. Here are 30 of the best songs that will inspire, motivate and give you the power to go on:
30. “Eye Of The Tiger” by Survivor
“Went the distance, now I’m back on my feet, just a man and his will to survive.”
This speaks for itself; turn it up loud and stand tall!
29. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
“Don’t you know that there ain’t no mountain high enough, ain’t no valley low enough, ain’t no river wide enough…”
Don’t let any obstacles that get in your way hold you back.
28. “Jump” by Van Halen
“Go ahead and jump! Might as well jump!”
27. “It’s My Life” by Bon Jovi
“I ain’t gonna be just a face in the crowd. I just wanna live life while I’m alive.”
Define who you are by how you live.
26. “International Love” by Pitbull feat. Chris Brown
This song’s great opening line “you can’t catch me boy” is perfect for stomping out the miles on the treadmill.
25. “When the Going Gets Tough” by Billy Ocean
“When the going gets tough, the tough get going.”
This song is a classic for a great workout. Can you tough it out?
24. “We Will Rock You” by Queen
Start your session as you mean to go on with this thumper of an anthem.
23. “Firework” by Katy Perry
“‘Cause baby, you’re a firework. Come on, show ‘em what you’re worth. Make ‘em go, oh, oh, oh. As you shoot across the sky.”
22. “Born To Run” by Bruce Springsteen
“Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run.”
This is the runners’ anthem.
21. “I Believe I Can Fly” by R. Kelly
A song to truly inspire you to achieve your goals.
20. “Good Life” by OneRepublic
“Oh this has gotta be the good life. This has gotta be the good life. This could really be a good life, good life.”
Inspiring lyrics and an uplifting tune will keep you going.
19. “Walking On Sunshine” by Katrina And The Waves
“Hey, alright now, and don’t it feel good?! Hey yeah, oh yeah, and don’t it feel good?!”
More great lyrics with a uplifting tune to finish a session on.
18. “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC
The intensity of this epic rock song will make you feel invincible.
17. “Enter Sandman” by Metallica
The powerful build-up and crashing guitar sounds will fire you up and get your adrenaline pumping through your body. There’ll be no stopping you with this awesome track playing.
16. “Bang A Drum” by Bon Jovi
“Well I’m gonna die believin’ each step that I take. Ain’t worth the ground that I walk on if we don’t walk it our way.”
15. “Get up Stand up” by Bob Marley
“Get up, stand up: don’t give up the fight!”
It’s not over yet. This is a perfect number for that midway point in your workout session.
14. “Break My Stride” by Matthew Wilder
“Nobody’s gonna slow me down, oh no, I got to keep on movin’.”
13. “We Are The Champions” by Queen
“But it’s been no bed of roses, no pleasure cruise. I consider it a challenge before the whole human race. And I ain’t gonna lose!”
12. “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
This song is an inspirational anthem to help you believe in yourself and your ability.
11. “Iron Man” by Black Sabbath
Here’s a heavy metal classic with a title that defines you as weight training giant!
10. “Living On A Prayer” by Bon Jovi
“We gotta hold on ready or not, you live for the fight when its all that you’ve got.”
These are good lines to hear when you’re finding the going difficult.
9. “Gonna Fly Now (soundtrack to Rocky)” by Bill Conti
“Trying hard now, it’s so hard now, trying hard now. Getting strong now, won’t be long now, getting strong now, Gonna fly now.”
If it’s good enough for Rocky…
8. “Proud” by Heather Small
“What have you done today to make you feel proud?”
Be proud of yourself and what you are achieving.
7. “Where the Streets Have No Name” by U2
“I want to run. I want to hide. I want to tear down the walls that hold me inside.”
6. “Never Surrender” by Corey Hart
“With a little perseverance you can get things down. Without the blind adherence that has conquered some.”
5. “Beautiful Life” by Ace of Base
“You can do what you want, just seize the day.”
4. “I Feel Good” by James Brown
“I feel good.”
A great song to finish a workout session!
3. “Another One Bites The Dust” by Queen
As your final rep is completed, this song will inspire you to go for one more.
2. “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
The best self-motivating mantra of them all!
“You only get one shot, do not miss your chance. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.”
Listen to this and you can do anything you set your mind to.
1. “It’s A Beautiful Day” by U2
This song makes you feel that any day can be a good one after a good workout.