Would you like to create a blog to promote your company or manage your career, or would you simply like to share your feelings and ideas on any subject close to your heart? Keeping a blog is inexpensive or sometimes free, and there are easy step-by-step guides to creating your blog very quickly on Blogger or WordPress and making amazing posts. If you want to develop your project, launch your site and promote your writing, this list of 7 foolproof tricks should be your companion.
1. Find a Suitable Name for Your Blog
Dig into your head to find all kinds of names by brainstorming. Talk to friends or family, because they may give you ideas. Also, try automatic writing: quickly write everything that comes out of your brain!
2. Write About What You Like
Ask yourself what you really like, what you care about and what you want to share with others. The best way to write amazing blog posts is to love writing and to truly love your topics. If you are going to write regularly to update your blog, then choose one or more themes that you are passionate about. Below are some themes that could inspire you:
- Games. As lots of people play online games, you can publish articles about the games you know and offer tips and cheats to help people enjoy the gaming adventure.
- Policy. Of course, more or less everyone has a political opinion, but maybe you have a point of view that deserves to be heard!
- The kitchen. Who does not like good food? Share your recipes, write for local cooking magazines, or let us know that Chinese cuisine served in the United States has nothing to do with the horrible Chinese cuisine … of China.
- Cinema. Write reviews of movies, old and new, which are always very appreciated by moviegoers. And, if you add clips from the films in question, as well as new analyses, you might have a successful blog.
- Cars. Are you a car enthusiast? Post photos of your favorite new models or reviews of the shows you have visited.
- Business. A blog is not always meant to satisfy a passion. A business blog can be a fantastic tool by which you can communicate with and inform your customers.
- Love. Everyone wants to be loved! If you give valuable advice on how to seduce, love and perhaps also make love, you will be able to get many passionate readers.
3. Think About How You Could Help
Ask yourself how you could help people. After you’ve chosen a broad domain (cinema, politics, etc.), you must guide your blog towards one or two more specialized sub-themes so as to have a clear and defined objective. Here are some ideas for how your blog might meet its audience’s needs:
- Teach something. If you are passionate about a particular theme and you have a lot of experience in the field, then you can share your knowledge with both people who are novices on the subject and others who are as experienced as you are.
- Advertise the latest news and trends. Write about the latest news related to your theme. This will only attract more readers to your blog.
- Make people laugh. Are you the funniest person you know? No matter the theme of your blog (with a few exceptions), if you present your experiences, your thoughts, and your moods in a funny way, you are likely to find a certain audience.
- Help others. Have you ever survived a painful experience, such as a serious illness or an accident? Do you want to share your experience and your solutions with those who are experiencing the same difficulties you have experienced? If so, then make a self-help blog.
- Also, note that there are certain things you should not blog about, as your company, colleagues, family members, etc. could disapprove of the disclosure of secret facts or personal information, posts that make fun of them, or any posts that otherwise interfere with their images. Ask yourself where the limits are. Check with your company what is allowed or not allowed in a personal blog, and ask your relatives to authorize the post before you quote them in your writings.
4. Watch Your Competitors
Take a look at the other blogs on your theme to see what has already happened. You must be unique and or exceptional. Finding a niche gives an exceptional side to your blog and distinguishes it from others.
5. Initiate a Search for Relevant Keywords to Ensure Readers Can Find Your Blog Easily
Go to a site like the Google Adwords keyword generator.
In the search box, type the keywords related to your blog theme. You can enter either single words or phrases. You can search by site or topic.
The generator will generate words or phrases in connection with your topic. Retrieve words that have a large number of monthly occurrences, but that are uncompetitive or have low competition. Try to put these results in the name of your blog.
Check these keywords from time to time as your posts are published. If these keywords are not too intrusive in your posts, include them, and search engines will make your blog appear in the right place. Thus, Internet users will come to you more easily when they search for information on your topic.
6. Where to Create and Host Your Blog
On the net, Blogger and WordPress are two of the most popular blogging sites.
Blogger belongs to Google, and the company has done everything to make its use very efficient and simple. Your blog will be very easy to create, and maintenance will be just as easy. In addition, Google provides you with a wide range of tools to manage your traffic. For $10 a year, you can buy a custom domain name, or you can get a free BlogSpot domain of gender monblog.blogspot.com. If you already have a domain name, you can use it at no charge.
Tumblr is an interesting international site for microblogging. Its interface is simple to use, and you can even make money by adding ads to your publications.
With WordPress, it takes a little longer to set up. You’ll see that WordPress offers a huge selection of sophisticated tools to improve and promote your blog. For $13 a year, you can purchase a custom domain name, or you can redeem an already-existing name. If you want a free domain name, try a site like “yourlog.wordpress.com.”
The site “Webs” has been around since 2001. This site allows users to make changes by moving elements by drag-and-drop. Another advantage of this site is that using it does not require technical knowledge. Just follow the directions to edit and create the content. The major functions on this site are free, but to enjoy all the advantages, you may be required to pay a basic fee.
7. Write Your First Post
Now that your blog is set up, write your first post. You can simply click “New Message” and enter the title and content of your message. You can also add photos, videos, or links using the buttons provided. When everything is perfect, click “Post.”
Featured photo credit: www.blogmidia8.com via moneyontheonline.com