“Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for stars.”
― Casey Kasem
To be human is to dream. We all have hopes and wants for ourselves. Sometimes these dreams may be simple, and other times these dreams can be really big. Some hope for grand fortunes while others dream of a day when they no longer have a bad habit. Keep dreaming. Reach for those stars and then reach for some more.Advertising
While reaching for the stars it is important to keep reality in check. Some stars are not meant for us, and are beyond our reach. Some of those stars may need steps to get to them. If the dream is to make it rich the realistic way to approach making this dream come true is to start with a plan.
Start the plan with things that can be done right now, which means reaching for the immediate goal in the here and now. This can be accomplished by making a budget with a set amount of money to save on each payday. This may be a slow way to make it rich, but it is a much better step toward the goal than the one that was in place yesterday. Yesterday it was a dream. Today, strides are made toward making those dreams come true.Advertising
Mindfulness is simply learning to live in the moment. By living in the moment we learn to enjoy even the smallest things in life. The idea is to pay close attention to everything that is going on in the surrounding environment without interpreting it. This means that we do not allow our emotions to surface as we are observing life. At first, this is difficult as we tend to allow past events and emotions to guide our thoughts on a day to day basis, but with a bit of focus it becomes easier to leave those things in the past and live in the present.
This does not mean that when we stop allowing emotions to run us that we will become detached and cold. By living in the moment we are learning to use cognitive reappraisal, which means we are allowing our brains the chance to scope out the situation that is really happening instead of letting our memory banks decide how to feel about the situation.Advertising
By using mindfulness techniques, we are able to keep our feet grounded in reality, which will help guide us to the stars that we desire. Many people find that when they use mindfulness techniques the dreams that they once had changed, and they are able to see what it is they really do want in this life.
Dream or Not to Dream
Some people have problems taming their imagination. This type of person will often get frustrated when the big dreams they have do not seem to happen. When frustration sets in they will usually toss that dream to the side, and let their imagination conjure up another big, impossible dream. Other people have problems with allowing themselves to dream at all. It takes the middle road between the two to make real dreams come true.Advertising
Allowing ourselves to dream and to hope makes this life worth living, but be sure to keep a mindful check on how big those dreams can be. We cannot dream of becoming a giant butterfly if we were never a caterpillar. If a person does not take the steps toward a dream it will never become reality either. So have dreams, and dream big, but make sure there are steps to reach those dreams.
Featured photo credit: Photograph courtesy of Quote Addicts via quoteaddicts.com
Last Updated on October 18, 2018
50+ Best Motivational Quotes To Prepare You For Any Challenges In Life
Life is filled with highs and lows —happiness and struggles that will test your resilience and integrity, push you to overcome challenges and leave you with lessons that will make you even stronger on your way up.
It’s the way you feel and think about yourself, including your expectations and beliefs about what is possible to you, greatly determines everything that happens to you.
It all starts with your thoughts. When you change your thoughts, you transform the quality of your life. (Right, Nancy’s story is a typical example!)
Below is a list of the best motivational quotes to inspire you to start your day with a blast:
Table of Contents
Quotes for self-assurance
1. Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality, upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.
2. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.
3. You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.
4. The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others
5. You attract what you are, not what you want. If you want great, then be great.
6. It’s not who you are that holds you behind, it’s who you think your are not.
Quotes about positivity
7. Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right.
8. You should never regret anything in life. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it is experience.
9. Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice.
10. If you have the power to make someone happy, do it. The world needs more of that.
11. Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.
12. Don’t be afraid to give up the good and go for great.
13. Remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned from worst times and from the worst mistakes.
Quotes for work and success
14. Don’t talk, just act. Don’t say, just show. Don’t promise, just prove.
15. Never stop doing great just because someone doesn’t give you credit.
16. Discipline is doing what needs to be done, even if you don’t want to.
17. Work while they sleep. Learn while they party. Save while they spend. Live like they dream.
18. The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire, not things we fear.
19. Never apologize for having high standards, people who really want to be in your life will rise to meet them.
20. If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.
21. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it, time will pass anyway.
22. Don’t fear failure. Fear being in the exact same place next year as you are today.
23. A hill is just another opportunity to leave your competition behind.
24. Don’t quit. You’re already in pain. You’re already hurt. Get a reward from it.
25. Hustle until you no longer need to introduce yourself.
26. You didn’t come this far only to come this far.
27. Be selective in your battles for sometimes peace is better than being right.
28 If we keep doing what we are doing, we’re going to keep getting what we’re getting.
29. You will never know your limits until you push yourself to them.
30. Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.
31. The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.
32. If your dreams don’t scare you, they are not big enough.
33. If you can’t handle stress, you won’t manage success.
34. Don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams.
35. Don’t mistake silence for weakness. Smart people don’t plan big moves out loud.
36. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
37. Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe dedicated.
38. You become who you spend your time with.
39. Be stubborn about your goals and flexible about your methods.
40. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
41. If you don’t build your dreams, someone else will hire you to build theirs.
42. Between stimulus and response is our greatest power –the freedom to choose.
43. What comes easy won’t last, what lasts won’t come easy.
44. Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
45. Work until your idols become your rivals.
Quotes about money
46. Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.
47. I create new enemies every day, it’s called business.
48. When you have a Million Dollar vision, don’t surround yourself with 1 cent minds.
49. You can’t get rich thinking poor.
50. Doing what is comfortable is rarely profitable.
51. If you can count your money, work harder.
If you find yourself feeling lost and frustrated, it’s never too late to change things up. Check out this guide: