Buckle up. Once that child learns to talk there is no going back. I know we all wait for that moment when they can tell us how they really feel- as long as how they really feel is that we are the best parents ever and that they love us.
Here is the disappointing part: they don’t always feel that way, and when they don’t… they will letcha know about it.
Here is a list of some kid quotes that show just what you are in for when your prayers are answered and the flood gates of communication open.
1. “Why don’t you chill, Bill?” – 3 year old little girl.
She uttered these words in response to an admonishment for yelling and running around the house. Her mother, whom she was responding to, is not named Bill.
2. “You smell like the moon and flowers.” – 5 year old little girl.
She was giving a compliment, or so it is assumed. I have read that space smells like gunpowder or diesel engine. That mixed with flowers… well, I could be a best selling perfume, I suppose.
3. “I want to make friends. Do I say ‘hi’ with my bumbum, head or mouth?” – 3 year old.
I think that age is when everything is about butts. Right? Or is it just my kids. Please tell me it’s not just my kids.
4. “Mama you are not stupid and you are the best. Daddy, he’s a little bit stupider.” – 3 year old.
The thing is, she might not be wrong.
5. “That was peelicious.” – 5 year old.
Said after using the latrine. Who doesn’t love a good potty pun?
What have your children said lately to make you guffaw? How many people witnessed their special outburst?
Featured photo credit: pixabay via pixabay.com