- What’s better on a cold, crisp, fall day than baking cookies? My grandmother and I used to bake all of the time in the fall. The scent of the cookies filling the air, flour all over my clothes, and by the end, we had delicious cookies and milk! Want to recreate some of those memories with your own kids or even grandkids or heck, your parents? Fall is the perfect time for mixing up some new recipes and recreating some old ones. Below are some of my favorite recipes that are not only easy, but scrumptious!
1. White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
These are jam-packed with white chocolate bits, chewy and absolutely the perfect fall cookies. White chocolate and pumpkin in a super moist cookie? That sounds like fall perfection!
2. Caramel Apple Cookies
These cookies not only have the perfect taste of fall – but the frosting? It’s delicious! They are packed with Granny Smith apples and apple juice that’ll bring you right to the apple orchard.
3. Oatmeal Pumpkin Creme Pies
Whoopie pies have been all the rage, and these look so, so delicious! The oatmeal, the cream, the fact that it’s a sandwich – what could be better?
4. Candy Corn & White Chocolate Cookies
Do you love candy corn? Do you love white chocolate? These cookies are definitely for you. They are soft-baked, too, which means they are gooey on the inside. These are sure to become a staple in your family during the fall months.
5. Cinnamon Bun Cookies
I’m down for anything that includes cinnamon and frosting, and that’s exactly what this cookie is all about! If you are looking for a cookie that has fall written all over it, it’s this one.
6. Caramel Apple Snickerdoodle
These cookies are not only a bit spicy, but they feel like fall when you bite into them. I absolutely love them and they are totally on my list to make every single fall.
7. Pumpkin-Spiced Shortbread and Apple Cider Frosting
This cookie combines two of my favorite things: buttercream frosting and shortbread. Add in a bit of pumpkin spice, and you’ve got a cookie that encompasses everything you love about fall!
8. Candy Corn Cookies – Finally!
While I did reference different candy corn cookies earlier in this post, this cookie is designed for the candy corn haters! It is shaped like candy corn, but doesn’t taste a thing like it. So cute for a Halloween party!
9. Cinnamon Crumb Pecan Sandie
Who doesn’t love a crumbly, nutty, cinnamon cookie to have with their tea or hot cocoa during the fall? Sandies are the perfect fall cookie for you to indulge in. They aren’t too, too sweet, which is refreshing!
10. Pumpkin Apple Snickerdoodles
Pumpkin takes a back seat when it comes to this cookie, the apple is really the star! The chunks of apple are so chewy and the small hint of pumpkin just makes it. No need to choose #teampumpkin or #teamapple with this cookie.
11. Salted Caramel Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
You can’t go wrong with salted caramel, right? These cookies mix in refreshing coconut and the beauty of rich salted caramel. It tastes like autumn in the form of a cookie. I eat these while I’m around a bonfire at night – so good!
12. Soft Gingersnap Molasses Cookies
You probably are already making gingersnap cookies this fall, right? Well, have you thought about adding some chocolate chips? The perfect addition to cut a bit of the spiciness of the ginger!
13. Oreo Funfetti Cookies
These cookies are ideal to hand out instead of candy! Make up a batch and you’ll be the most popular house in the neighborhood. Personally? I eat the entire batch myself
Featured photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dave_see/ via flickr.com