Nowadays, we tend to use a lot of quotes that inspire people all around the world. However, we somehow forget in which movie they appeared first and who said the most famous lines. Here are the most famous inspirational 15 quotes from the all-time classic movies.
1. Don’t try to impress others, but try to impress yourself.
“Spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself and a little less time trying to impress people.” – Richard Vernon, Breakfast Club
2. Be kind to everyone you meet, because you don’t know what kind of a battle they’re fighting.
“Deliberate cruelty is unforgivable, and the one thing of which I have never, ever been guilty of.” Blanche, A Streetcar Named Desire
3. The greatest obstacle in life is prejudice. Don’t judge, before you experience it yourself.
“Prejudice always obscures truth.” – 12 Angry Men
4. Always believe in yourself and your capabilities.
“We all come into this world with our little egos equipped with individual horns. If we don’t blow them, who else will?” – Addison De Witt, All about Eve
5. Don’t let other people tell you what to do. It’s your life, so make the choices on your own.
“There’s only one person who’s going to decide what I’m going to do and that’s me.” – Charles Foster Kane, Citizen Kane
6. You only live once, so don’t stress out about your job, but make it an interesting game.
“In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and snap, the job’s a game.” – Marry Poppins, Marry Poppins
7. Every moment of your life is valuable, so go out there and live your life.
“I wanna be free. I wanna be gay and have fun. Life’s short. And I wanna live while I’m alive.” – Helen, Hell’s Angels
8. Love leads us through our lives, so open your heart.
“Love is eternal. It has been the strongest motivation for human actions throughout history. Love is stronger than life.” – Laura, Laura
9. It’s better have loved and had your heart broken, than never loved at all.
Wizard of Oz: “As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart. You don’t know how lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.”
Tin Woodsman: “But I still want one.” – Wizard of Oz
10. In life always expect the unexpected.
“My mamma always said, ‘Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get'” Forrest Gump, Forrest Gump
11. You can achieve whatever you want, imagine it and make it happen.
“If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Want to change the world? There’s nothing to it.” Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
12. When you have hope, you have everything.
“Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” – Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
13. If you can help at least one person, you are helping the whole world by making it better place.
“It’s Hebrew, it’s from the Talmud. It says – Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire.” – Itzhak Stern, Schindler’s List
14. If you fear, you will fail. Always have courage, because it is the unstoppable force.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda, Star Wars V: Empire Strikes Back
15. Every day is a precious gift – use it wisely.
“Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!” – Mr Keating, Dead Poets Society
Start appreciating your life and live it according to your rules in order to love, be happy and make all of your wishes come true. As Charlie Chaplin said: “A day without laughter is a day wasted.” Therefore, whenever in doubt, watch one of these classics movies.
Featured photo credit: JJJJJPPPPP via flickr.com