Have you ever wondered why you are not able to do more at work? What are some of the things that come to mind? Is it the lack of planning or passion for the work you do, or not liking your co-workers, your boss, or your salary, etc.?
The list can go on and on, but one way to help you achieve more at work is to learn different ways to reduce stress. If you are less stressed at work, you will be better able to focus and accomplish more tasks. By reducing stress you will be able to become more efficient, work with enthusiasm, and produce great results. Another great way to be less stressed would be to do work that you love!
If you want to reduce stress at work, simply find a few different ways that will help you to reduce that stress. Remember, what works for Peter does not always work for Paul, so don’t give up if the first few things you try don’t work for you. The good news is, reducing stress at work does not have to be difficult, and below you will find 32 simple things you can try out. They are some of the most common things individuals like you have used to reduce stress and get on with the job.
32 simple ways to reduce stress at work
1. Talk to a co-worker and keep the conversation positive. Ask for help if you need it.
2. Watch sports videos during lunch and short breaks.
3. Go outside and take a walk, even if it’s just for five minutes. Running won’t hurt either.
4. Eat some healthy snacks or food. Dark chocolate is excellent.
5. Listen to audio books, or read a book.
8. Find out what is stressing you, and try to change how you feel about it.
9. If you work standing up, try sitting down for a few minutes, and vice versa.
10. Read the news. Stay abreast with what’s going on in the world to see the bigger picture.
11. Breathe in deeply, and out again. Do this for a few minutes.
12. Chew gum. Yes, it’s that simple.
13. Stretch your body. Stretch your muscles, legs, hands, etc.
14. Socialize and meet someone new at your work place.
16. Massage your neck, shoulders, and back with your hands.
17. Write in your journal. If you do not have one, write about your dream life.
18. Reminisce your past times, those euphoric moments when you felt alive.
19. Wash your face or your hands with cold water on hot days, and warm water on cold days.
20. Laugh out loud ( LOL!). Laughter is a great way to reduce stress.
21. Move away from your computer, smartphones, etc. and observe your surroundings.
22. Take your shoes off, and walk barefoot. Enjoy being barefooted for a minute.
23. Spin in your chair for a few seconds.
24. Do some pushups.
25. Reach out to one of your friends. Send an email or call them on your phone.
26. Look out the window and admire nature.
27. Drink some tea or coffee.
28. Eat lunch with your best co-workers and do not talk about work.
29. Turn on your favorite internet radio.
30. Pranks. ONLY the ones that will make people laugh and talk!
31. Re-organize and prioritize your tasks.
32. Take pictures of the beautiful scenery around your work place.
These are all simple stress reduction methods, and do not cost an arm and leg. Stress can negatively impact your life directly, and those around you indirectly. I hope these tips will help you reduce stress while you work, and improve your life.
How do you reduce stress at work? What can you add to this list?
Featured photo credit: Griffin Keller via dribbble.com
Set a Goal For Yourself
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook