Who has never gone through some ups and downs in the life? But some people can feel better in a quicker way than others because they’ve found their own remedies to heal the bad feelings. If you haven’t found yours, these ways may help you instantly feel better.
- Listen to the songs which you loved when you were in high school or university, this will recall you of the old good times.
- Write something. Write down how you feel as a way to express your thoughts if you don’t feel like talking to anyone.
- Don’t really like writing? Draw something. Draw anything you want because no one’s going to judge your drawing skills.
- Read the postcards or letters your friends or family sent you before, remind yourself there are people who always remember you.
- Silently think of a day or moment which you truly enjoyed and try to recapture that very first feeling. Was it the day of your graduation? The moment you traveled with your loved one?
- Take out your photo albums and go over your childhood photos.
- Cry when you feel like doing so. There’s nothing wrong with crying; cry out all your fear and stress and just face the truth after crying.
- Sing loudly like no one can hear you. Do you know that in Japan, people always sing karaoke to relieve stress?
- Cook a nice meal for yourself or for your family.
- If you’ve kept a diary, read your previous entries and look at your great memories.
- Dress up nicely to feel happier.
- Don’t stay in your bed! Get your laptop or a book and sit in a coffee place.
- Take a walk outside and feel the fresh air.
- Go jogging and sweat yourself.
- Pick up the musical instrument you used to play a lot and start to play it.
- Tidy up your desk or wardrobe, you’ll feel good that you’re being productive and actually doing something.
- Watch some funny videos, sure you can find a lot of them on Youtube.
- Eat something you like, be it a chocolate cake, or an ice-cream. Just please yourself with the flavour you like.
- Re-read your favorite book and write down the sentences or passages that you love.
- Watch a new movie, there must be a movie which you’ve always interested in but had no time to watch it.
- Do something nice that no one will notice, say picking up a rubbish in the street and throw it to a trash bin.
- Call your best friend and just talk or gossip.
- Do voluntary work and help people in need, you’ll feel happy and satisfied.
- Get drunk with your close friends at home – a safe place for you to get drunk and get crazy. Let loose and have fun with your very close friends.
- Write an email or a note to a friend who you care about.
- Get out of your routine life and meet new friends. Meeting new people can give you new inspirations in life.
- Act like today’s already a wonderful day because we often feel because of how we act.
IT’S NOT WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU, BUT HOW YOU REACT TO IT THAT MATTERS. – Epictetus
Face your life today and you'll get better and better: 7 Harsh Truths That Will Improve Your Life
Set a goal for yourself
"Life is hard at times. But when I overcome more challenges, I become much stronger then. So I’m going to embrace them."Add To My Goal
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook