Cloud computing is more popular than ever, and it’s pretty easy to see why. Of the many benefits that cloud supporters say the technology brings, the most impressive include providing businesses with better productivity, more capabilities through cloud applications, and allowing companies to reduce costs while still expanding their reach. This has lead to more and more businesses adopting the cloud for their regular operations. In fact, a recent cloud survey conducted by RightScale showed that 88 percent of enterprises are currently using a public cloud. That number is only expected to climb in the future, making the cloud market a highly competitive one. You may be convinced cloud computing is the right option for your business, but the question remains: what’s the easiest way to make the move to the cloud? Luckily, tech companies have come up with special services designed just for that purpose — easing the transition into the cloud.
1. SAP Cloud Transformation Servicescloud adoption strategy that helps you determine your objectives and goals, choose what services are right for meeting those goals, and outline what benefits you stand to gain. As with any business decision, a detailed plan geared toward making the cloud transition can help you avoid mistakes in the future.
2. Dell Cloud MarketplaceDell Cloud Marketplace comes in. This special tool allows you to compare the large variety of public clouds, picking which one you think will work best for you business. At the same time, Dell Cloud Marketplace allows you to purchase and configure those public clouds and cloud applications while managing them from one easy-to-use interface. If you are still wondering what cloud computing and how it can help your business, Dell put together an eBook (Demystifying the Cloud) to help answer any lingering questions you may have. In short, the tool helps make the cloud more accessible and manageable, which makes for a much easier transition, especially for those companies that are new to cloud computing.
3. Rackspace Migration ServicesRackspace Migration Services might be the right fit. The service allows you to move applications, email, servers, and databases to the cloud with minimal fuss. If you have a simple environment, this can be done for free, while complex environments can still be moved smoothly. Like other services, this one offers consultations with experts, which help formulate and execute a cloud migration plan.
4. IBM Cloud MarketplaceIBM Cloud Marketplace also works to help you determine what kind of cloud services would be the best for your company. Through a simple interface, you can determine what options you want to pursue and what kinds of platforms, applications, and infrastructure you need to use in the cloud. Options can also be broken down by what kind of role your business will be responsible for. In this way, you can check out IBM and other services before making a final decision.
5. Oracle Transition ServicesOracle Transition Services effectively helps you determine how best to make the move to the cloud. The service provides guidance in transitioning to a configuration that represents the right fit for what your business is trying to do. Oracle also provides upgrade assistance and support, which can help make a cloud transition much less worrisome. All of these services are delivered under cost controls, ensuring that your company will get its money’s worth. Each of these services comes with its own unique features and strengths, but they all have the same goal in mind: easing the transition to the cloud. Depending on the company, such a move can be intimidating, but the benefits of cloud computing all well worth the effort. With these services in hand, your business can make its leap into the cloud as seamlessly as possible. The resources are there; you just have to take advantage of them. The result will be a much more agile business primed for years of growth.
Featured photo credit: Working on MacBook and iPhone in a Bed/VIKTOR HANACEK via picjumbo.com