Gone are the days when price-comparison apps like Red Laser and Amazon’s price checker ruled the roost. Joining those favorites are new, as well as tried-and-true, price-comparison apps that will help you save a bundle.
1. RedLaser: Get the Best Price for Anything
RedLaser is still one of the best QR code readers and barcode scanners around, because not only can you scan products and find the best prices—the app also has lots of coupon options and the ability to store loyalty cards. (Find it on iTunes and Google Play.)
2. ShopSavvy: Find Low Product Prices and Trending Sales
ShopSavvy guarantees that their iTunes and Google Play app will help you not only find the lowest prices of the products you scan, but it will also alert you to price cuts and new sales items. Therefore, if there’s a new Sears coupon that’s just hit the Internet, ShopSavvy will find it and send it to you.
3. Sell Textbooks for Cash: Compare the Best Prices for Your Old Books
4. ScanLife: Compare Prices from Amazon, Macy’s, Best Buy and More
For Travel, Hotel and Flights
5. Trivago: Compare Hotel Prices
6. TripAdvisor: Find Low-Priced Hotels, Flights, Restaurants
7. Liligo: International Travel Comparison
8. Booking.com: Best Hotel Deals
9. Hotwire: Compare Car Rental Prices and More
There’s a reason the Hotwire apps for hotel and car rentals are popular, both the iOS and Android versions. People like deals they can easily grab via their phone, letting the app do the work of searching for the best prices.
10. FareCompare: Find Out When to Fly
This highly rated app alerts users when to fly by notifying them when their favorite trip route’s airfare has dropped. Find it here on iTunes.
11. Skyscanner: Compare Cheap Flights
12. Kayak: Find Cheaper Flights, Hotels and Cars
13. Grocery Exchange: Compare Food Prices
The Grocery Exchange app lets food buyers share and compare the prices of the items they find in the store. Check it out on iTunes.
14. Apples2Oranges: Convert to Unit Prices
The best thing about the Apples2Oranges iTunes app is that it helps users convert items down to their unit prices to discover what’s really a great bargain, e.g., a package of 20 cookies for $10.99 or 35 cookies for $12.99 per pack.
15. Consumr: Groceries, Books, Movies and More
Not only can consumers use the Consumr iTunes app to compare grocery prices, but they can also find the comparable costs of strollers, toys and everything in between.
16. Gas Buddy: Find Inexpensive Gasoline
17. Gas Guru: Cheap Gas Prices
18. Fuel Finder: Discount Gas in the U.S. and Canada
For Online Shopping
19. BuyVia: Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
20. The Amazon App: For Brick-and-Mortar Store Price Checking
Although some storeowners gave Amazon a hard time for suggesting that their customers use The Amazon App to scan the prices of products they find within stores to see if they are cheaper online, that’s exactly what consumers love to do.
21. TheFind: Local and Online Deals
22. ShopAdvisor: Product Tracking
ShopAdvisor is like having a personal price tracker because it not only compares prices, it also tracks the changes in prices and alerts you when a product hits the cost you’d like. (iOS and Android.)
23. PriceGrabber: Compare In-Store to Online Price
24. Smoopa: Green-Lights the Best Deal
25. CamFind: Take a Photo of Object Without Typing
26. Milo: For Local Shopping
Milo is an interesting computer-based app that helps consumers find local products in stock nearby the address they enter.
27. Shelfbucks: Customized Deals Sent to You
28. Walmart’s Savings Catcher: Scan Your Receipts for Great Deals
Walmart’s Savings Catcher is a fascinating module that allows users to enter their receipt numbers to find any lower advertised prices and get paid the difference.
29. Shopular: Find the Best Deals in Stores
30. PriceBlink: Browser Add-On Finds Lower Prices During Online Shopping
PriceBlink is an add-on for your browser that automatically finds the lowest prices while you shop.
So there you have it—a list of 30 price-comparison apps that should help you begin to save lots more money when shopping.