The simple grilled cheese sandwich is an easy, tasty, timeless classic loved by millions around the world! In fact, grilled cheese is so popular that April is actually known by foodies as ‘Grilled Cheese Month’ which means there were dozens of seriously yummy looking grilled cheese recipes appearing all over the internet. To ensure you get the most of your grilled cheese sandwich we thought we’d collect the best recipes on the web so you can create the best grilled cheese sandwich ever!
1. Eggplant Parmesan Grilled Cheese
All you need to turn your grilled cheese into a meal for kings is an eggplant!
2. Hawaiian Grilled Cheese with Ham and Pineapple
If you like Hawaiian pizzas you’ll love this ham and pineapple combo.
3. Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
Get yourself some shredded chicken, hot sauce and blue cheese and create this delicious monstrosity.
4. Cuban Grilled Cheese
If you love a pork and pickle combo then this is a grilled cheese sandwich you need to try.
5. BBQ Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
Is there a meal on Earth more American than this BBQ pulled pork grilled cheese?
6. White Pizza Grilled Cheese
If you fancy something a little less meaty, why not try the classic white pizza grilled cheese?
7. Spinach and Artichoke Grilled Cheese
Enjoy artichokes and spinach? Why not try this veggie combo?
8. Cranberry and Brie Grilled Cheese
Cranberry and brie is without a doubt one of the best taste combinations in the world!
9. Parmesan Crusted Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
This parmesan and pepperoni grilled cheese is only a crust away from being an actual pizza.
10. Cream Cheese and Nutella Grilled Cheese
Okay, so we’re briefly leaving savoury behind to check out this cream cheese and nutella dessert sandwich. The idea of cheese and chocolate may sound gross, but just look how gooey this sandwich is!
11. Mozzarella, Kale and Prosciutto Grilled Cheese
If you like kale then you’ll love this kale, prosciutto and mozzarella grilled cheese!
12. Grilled Macaroni and Cheese Sandwich
Do you like grilled cheese sandwiches? Do you like macaroni and cheese? Boom! Macaroni and cheese sandwich!
13. Lasagna Grilled Cheese
This recipe may look like a fancy cheese and tomato grilled cheese—and it is—but you have to try it!
14. Lobster Grilled Cheese
If you love seafood you should definitely try this lobster sandwich.
15. Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese
Get two jalapeño peppers, some cheese and tortilla chips and you’ve got yourself one hot sandwich.
16. Grilled Cheese Fries
Yes, yes I know these aren’t technically a sandwich but they’re better! They’re grilled cheese fries!
17. Green Goddess Grilled Cheese
If you’ve eaten your own weight in grilled cheese fries you may want to try something healthy like this green goddess pesto recipe.
18. Fried Chicken and Waffle Grilled Cheese
You read that right: waffles and chicken! It’s easier than you think.
19. Dulce De Leche and Mascarpone Grilled Cheese
I’m not entirely sure what dulce de leche is but this looks great.
20. Caprese Grilled Cheese with Arugula Pesto
Another one for the pesto lovers!
21. Brie, Apple and Bacon Grilled Cheese
Apparently, apple goes very nicely with meat and cheeses so this grilled cheese is a definite must!
22. Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Cheese
Whilst we’re discussing fruit in sandwiches why not try blueberry?
23. Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese
Bacon and guacamole is one of the best combinations ever!
24. Balsamic Vegetable Grilled Cheese
The secret is to have a whole load of broccoli!
25. Avocado Pomegranate Grilled Cheese
Prefer a sweet sandwich? Combine pomegranate and avocado for a sweet yet savoury snack.
26. Baked Potato Grilled Cheese
If you can get your hands on some bacon, cheese and sour cream then you can make this almighty baked potato grilled cheese.
27. Loaded Nacho Grilled Cheese
Hey, it’s nacho everyday sandwich.
28. Avocado BLT Grilled Cheese
Avocado and bacon: yes, yes, yes!
29. Bacon-Pretzel Grilled Cheese
For the truly experimental try swapping your bread for a pretzel.
30. Avocado, Asparagus and Dill Havarti Grilled Cheese
Yum! Which of these is your favourite grilled cheese recipe, or do you have any that we don’t know about? Let us know!
Featured photo credit: BS In The Kitchen via bsinthekitchen.com