The power of the mind is becoming increasingly more apparent. That’s why you’re seeing all this focus on activities such as mindset development, meditation, and mindfulness.
Our mindset forms the foundation and plays a big role in our overall success and happiness. That’s why it’s so important for us to find ways to improve our mindset. Failing to do so puts you at a significant disadvantage as you will allow your mindset to hold you back.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Daily Positive Affirmations
This is why many people have begun adopting the practice of performing daily affirmations. Research shows that these daily positive affirmations can increase our mindset, improve our motivations, and increase our feelings of self-worth.
Thus, we will talk about affirmations and how to use them. I’ll also give you a list of daily affirmations that will help you maintain your motivation through challenging times.
Using Daily Affirmations Properly
Essentially, daily positive affirmations serve as positive reminders or statements that you can use to encourage and motivate yourself or others.
However, you need to use these properly. Many people use positive affirmations to convince themselves of something they perhaps don’t believe about themselves yet.
For example, telling yourself “I’m financially abundant” or “I’m well-liked by everyone around me” when you feel broke or unloved isn’t necessarily going to make you attract more money, nor is it going to make the people around you like you more.
Research shows that people who say positive self-statements like “I’m a lovable person” when they don’t believe it can make them feel worse.
This is why it’s much more effective to utilize these daily positive affirmations to remind yourself of the values and interests that constitute your true or core self. It allows you to outline the things that you would consider to be your core values. It’s taking stock of who you are and what you care about.
Using daily affirmations in this way forces you to think positively about the important things in your life.
This means that rather than trying to convince yourself that you’re something that you don’t really believe you are, you instead think positively about the important things in your life.
It forces you to reflect on things that you know and believe are good about yourself and your life. This will help you slowly build towards where you want those affirmations to take you.
Different Ways to Implement Daily Affirmations
You can implement these daily affirmations in a variety of different ways to improve your daily motivation. Some people simply stand in front of a mirror to themselves every morning or evening. Others like to write them on sticky notes and put them up in places they can regularly be visualized, such as the bathroom mirror.
The method you choose doesn’t matter. What matters much more is that the method resonates with you.
For example, if you already meditate, maybe pulling these affirmations is the option for you. If you like to write and reflect, then consider doing some journaling.
Likewise, the list I’ve outlined above is by nowhere near exhaustive. There are millions of affirmations you could come up with. Again, the important thing is to find affirmations that resonate with you.
Start by choosing a few from the list that I created for you. Pick the ones that resonate with you. From there, decide what method you will use to reflect on these affirmations, write them down, or recite them in your head, and make sure you commit to it. Try to make it a regular part of your daily routine.
Choose the Ones That Speak to You
You don’t need to say the same list of affirmations every day or even any of the same ones day after day. Just choose the ones that speak to you.
For example, I don’t personally like using affirmations with the words ‘abundance’ or ‘manifest’ in them. This is just a personal choice. There’s nothing wrong with them, but they are just too woo-woo for me.
Influencers toss around these terms despite having no purpose or meaning other than to motivate their audience to take action. This gives their audience the false idea that there is a reward at the end of the tunnel if they put in the work, but that’s not always the case.
I much prefer terms like ‘capability’ and ‘confidence’ because they remind me that I can make certain changes in my life if I wish to do so.
30 Daily Positive Affirmations to Improve Motivation
- I trust myself to make the right decision. I have the tools and abilities that I need to do so.
- I am becoming closer to my true self every day. Every challenge, loss, and success brings me closer to that goal.
- I am learning valuable lessons from myself every day, and I will continue to keep trying to learn from myself.
- I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents.
- Today, I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy. These are emotions I can use to motivate myself throughout the day.
- My body is healthy; my mind is brilliant; my soul is tranquil. This shall provide me with the alignment I need to conquer the tasks ahead of me today.
- I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
- I have been given endless talents, which I begin to utilize today, and I have the confidence to do so.
- I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and peacefully detach from them.
- I allow myself to be who I am without judgment because that is what is going to allow me to be happiest in my life.
- I listen to my intuition and trust my inner guide because that is going to take me closer to what makes me truly happy.
- My drive and ambition allow me to achieve my goals because I have a fire inside of me pushing me forward.
- I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful, and I have the confidence to apply those skills in ways that will enable my success.
- Creative energy surges through me and leads me to new and brilliant ideas.
- My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.
- I am courageous, and I stand up for myself and for others who may need my help in doing so because it is the right thing to do.
- I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind that gives me the ability to make good decisions throughout my day
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
- I permit myself to do what is right for me because that is how I allow myself to be the most authentic.
- I give myself space to grow and learn because I understand that there is always room for growth in our lives.
- I am blessed with an incredible family and wonderful friends.
- I acknowledge my self-worth and am willing to improve it in areas that I consider are weaknesses right now.
- Though these times are difficult, they are only a short phase of life. Everything that is happening now is happening for my ultimate good.
- My efforts are being supported by those around me who also want to see me succeed and do amazing things.
- My obstacles are moving out of my way; my path is carved towards greatness. I just need to continue walking that path.
- I am creatively inspired by the world around me, and I can use that inspiration to achieve amazing things in my life.
- My mind is full of brilliant ideas that I can use to benefit myself and others.
- I put my energy into things that matter to me because that is what brings me the most happiness in my life.
- I am at peace with who I am as a person because I understand what is important to me and what is not and live by my values.
- I make a difference in the world by simply existing in it and trying to make it a better place in whatever ways I can.
That is all we have on affirmations for now. I hope you enjoyed the article and now have a greater understanding of how these daily affirmations can influence our minds in powerful ways and, in turn, impact our future success and happiness.
Now that you understand what an affirmation is and how to properly use it in your life, take some time to create a few positive daily affirmations for yourself.
Practice this crucial skill because it can help you in many ways throughout your life.
More Positive Affirmations
- 10 Positive Affirmations for Success that will Change your Life
- 7 Positive Affirmations To Tell Yourself Every Day
- 7 Empowering Affirmations That Will Help You Be Mentally Strong
Featured photo credit: Felicia Buitenwerf via unsplash.com
|Annual Reviews: The Psychology of Change: Self-Affirmation and Social Psychological Intervention
|Sage Journals: Positive Self-Statements: Power for Some, Peril for Others