LinkedIn is an excellent platform to network with great people to help you in your career and businesses. However, with over 575 million people on the site, who should you follow? This list will steer you to the right people to follow, organized by categories of expertise.
Job Search Experts
You will likely have several jobs throughout the course of your career, and you will constantly need advice on new trends and strategies out there in the job market. Here are the LinkedIn experts who you should follow on these matters.
1. Liz Ryan is the CEO and founder of Human Workplace. Her articles on job searching are filled with creative and colorful cartoons.
3. Dr. Marla Gottschalk will help you make an impact in a new job.
4. Hannah Morgan runs CareerSherpa.net, where she gives expert advice on job searching and how to be more visible online.
5. Alison Doyle is the CEO and Founder of CareerToolBelt.com.
They say that people leave managers, not jobs. These experts in LinkedIn will help you become your employees’ dream manager.
6. Jeff Weiner. How can we leave out the CEO of LinkedIn himself?
8. Mickey Mikitani is the CEO of Rakuten. He constantly shares his expertise in managing a global player in e-commerce platforms.
9. Andreas von der Heydt was the head of Amazon’s Kindle Content and now the Director of Talent Acquisition. He has extensive experience in management, branding, and marketing.
By maximizing your productivity, you can win in all aspects of life. The following LinkedIn experts will help you win big in your career.
12. Greg Mckeown is an essentialist. Part of being an essentialist is saying no to many things so that we can focus on the things that matter.
13. Brian de Haaff, CEO of Aha! Labs Inc. provides strategies on how to be productive and happy at work at the same time.
15. Megan Berry is the Head of Product Development at Rebelmouse, a content marketing and AlwaysOn powerhouse.
16. Sean Gardner will help you navigate the social media landscape. This includes how to use different platforms to help accelerate your career. He is also the bestselling author of The Road to Social Media Success.
17. Christel Quek is an digital and marketing expert. She is the VP of South East Asia at Brandwatch. Their products help businesses utilize social media data to make better business decisions.
18. Jeff Bullas is a digital marketing expert. His blog has over 4 million readers annually.
19. Michael Stelzer is the CEO and Founder of social media powerhouse site, Social Media Examiner.
20. If you’re looking for inbound and content marketing expertise, follow Dharmesh Shah, Founder and CTO of Hubspot.
21. David Edelman is a McKinsey partner and is at the helm of the Digital Marketing Strategy Practice Department.
22. Dave Kerpen leads the social media software company Likeable Local. He is the author of Likeable Social Media: How to delight your customers.
23. Clara Shih is the CEO of Hearsay Social and the author of The Facebook Era.
24. Aaron Lee is Grand Master of Customer Delight at Post Planner. He is an excellent resource for everything social media.
25. David Sable is the CEO of Y&R, one of the largest advertising firms in the world.
26. Content marketing trumps traditional marketing these days, and who else better to lead you in this area than Joe Pulizzi, Founder of Content Marketing Institute.
Personal Branding Experts
Part of what we market in our personal career is our brand. When people hear your name, what kind of brand comes into their mind? What traits and qualities do they associate with you?
Here are some personal branding experts from LinkedIn to improve your own brand.
28. Dan Schawbel is the managing partner of Millennial Branding. If you’re a millennial, Dan is the guy to help you craft your personal brand.
Other Notable Experts to Follow
29. Lisa Gates is the expert to follow if you’re negotiating for higher salaries and promotions.
30. If you’re a Baby Boomer, Marc Miller will help you navigate the continually changing landscape of the workplace.
31. To avoid getting your resumé moved to the “No” pile, read Paul Freiberger’s excellent advice.
32. James Caan provides insightful ideas on careers in general. He is also a serial entrepreneur.
33. Jeff Haden writes on various topics, such as leadership and management. He is the owner of Blackbird Media.
34. If you’re looking for expert business advice on getting new customers and keeping them, follow Jay Baer.
35. Suzanne Lucas, aka Evil HR Lady, is a great human resources specialist.
36. If you need help in using Twitter to boost your career, Claire Diaz-Ortiz can guide you in the right direction.
37. Ryan Holmes is the CEO of Hootsuite, a social media management tool.
38. Customers are the lifeblood of a business and Colin Shaw focuses on revolutionizing this customer experience.
39. Brian Solis often reflects on the future of business and how technology can disrupt our world.
40. Nancy Lublin provides advice on more lighthearted topics, which are perfect after a long day’s work. She is the CEO behind Dosomething.org, a portal designed for social change; and the founder & CEO of Loris.ai and Crisis Text Line.
41. Katya Andresen provides advice on how to manage your career. She was the CEO of Cricket Media and now responsible for the SVP Card Customer Experience at Capital One.
42. Gallup has created a system to test what your strengths are and how to use them at work. Jim Clifton is the CEO of Gallup.
44. Hunter Walk is a partner at Homebrew Venture Capitalist Company and has specialty in product development and management.
45. If you’re running a nonprofit organization, follow Beth Kanter for expert advice on this area.
46. Emotional Intelligence is necessary to succeed in your career, and Daniel Goleman is your expert for that.
47. Rita J. King connects science, technology and business.
48. Tori Worthington Rose is a Creative Director at Mary Beth West Communications, LLC. She has extensive experience in sales and digital media.
49. If you’re looking for some advice on how to use writing and personal content marketing to boost your career, follow Ann Handley.
50. Tim Brown is the CEO at IDEO and shares his insights on Leadership and Creativity.
These are just some of the key thought leaders and movers in various industries. They will provide you with constant inspiration, as well as the willpower to pursue the career that you’ve always wanted. Their stream of expert ideas in their respective fields will help you become well-equipped in your professional pursuits.
More Articles About Successful People
- 16 Productivity Secrets of Highly Successful People Revealed
- What Does Success Look Like? Revealed by 12 Highly Successful People
- 10 Most Successful Entrepreneurs and What We Can Learn from Them
- 16 Young And Successful Entrepreneurs Who Prove That Age Is Nothing but a Number
Featured photo credit: LinkedIn Sales Navigator via unsplash.com