What do you see when you watch films? Nothing but your own hopes, dreams, and fears played out on the big screen. We humans reflect on our world through symbolic stories of our life. Simply put, stories are metaphors for our lives.
Here is a list of 20 inspiring quotes from animated movies that I adore. Anything you imagine can be conceived in animated movies. They’re vivid, rich, and filled with lively characters offering us profound wisdom in the most subtle ways. They’re not just for children, but for adults too. And if we pay close attention to them, we may just find the answers to life that we’ve been searching for.
1. Nobody is entitled to anything. Anyone can become an artist; you just have to make a choice.
Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. – Anton Ego, Ratatouille
2.True friendship is rare. Cultivate it to the core.
There is no greater gift than friendship. – Santa Claus, The Polar Express
3. Change is within. If thought is the cause, effect is the outcome.
Look inside yourself Simba. You are more than what you have become. – Mufasa, The Lion King
4. Invest in identity capital and build it. It adds value to who you are.
Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it. – Elastigirl, The Incredibles
5. Success is subjective – don’t get carried away. Have your own definition of it.
There is whole lot more to racing than just winning. – Tex, Cars
6. Our true reality lies in identifying with other people.
As long as we are together; it doesn’t matter to me. – Marty, Madagascar
7. Abandoning your ego is a gift. Strive for it.
To laugh at yourself, is to love yourself. – Mickey Mouse
8. Storms pass. Just wait until you reach the shore and never stop dreaming.
All at once everything looks different, now that I see you. – Rapunzel, Tangled
9. Believe your gut instinct and just plunge in. All you need is a little faith.
All it takes is little faith and trust. – Peter Pan
10. Don’t be deceived by appearances. Search for the soul – it actually counts.
Do not be fooled by commonplace appearance. Like so many things, it is not what outside, but what is inside that counts. – Aladdin
11. Your mind is everything. Wield it carefully or it will command you.
Your mind is like water. When it is agitated it becomes difficult to see, but when you let it settle; the answer becomes clear. – Oogway, Kung Fu Panda
12. Timing matters. Do not try to prove anything just for the sake of proving it.
I’m only brave enough when I have to be. Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble. – Mufasa, The Lion King
13. We create our own destiny through the choices we consciously make.
There are those who say fate is something beyond our command, that destiny is not our own. But I know better. Our fate lives within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it. – Merida, Brave
14. Never give up – you’ll find it. Trust me.
If you work on something long enough you will find it, even if you are lost for a while you will find it. – Professor Bomba, Epic
15. Everything bothers you if you let it. Remember you have a choice.
Cold never bothered me anyway. – Elsa, Frozen
16. We always search for answers without realizing the fact that answers lie within.
There is no secret ingredient. It’s just you. – Po, Kung Fu Panda
17. Never ever accept your limitations. Human spirit is eternal.
I’m flying… I’m flying! I’m not an ostrich…I’m not an ostrich! – Blu, Rio
18. When you are going through hell, just keep going.
Just keep swimming. – Dori, Finding Nemo
19. Whatever you imagine, you can conceive. The universe is waiting.
To infinity, and beyond! – Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story
20. You can’t see the future with tears of the past in your eyes.
You should, Shen. You gotta let go of that stuff from the past, because it just doesn’t matter! The only thing that matters is what you choose to be now. – Po, Kung Fu Panda 2