I once heard a very (un)wise person say: I could never eat Paleo. I need to eat more than vegetables, fruit and meat. I need my brownies! I need my cookies! I need my pancakes! I need everything typically associated with sugar and grains!
That person was me.
After some searching and some amazing creativity, I am happily shocked to be proven wrong and with a throw of recipes which can satisfy any craving!
The best thing about all these recipes is that they are all healthy, especially in contrast to their original (non paleo) version. Enjoy these 10 and get ready to be busy in the kitchen!
1. Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Muffins via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
A muffin recipe which has everyone’s favourite chocolate spread and is paleo friendly? Let’s get busy in the kitchen!
2. Breakfast Cookie Dough via The Big Man’s World
I’d never thought cookie dough for breakfast could happen but one which is healthy to boot? I know what I’m making tomorrow!
3. Chocolate Mini Muffins via The Pretty Bee
The mini sizes mean that we can consume more…am I right?
4. 5 Minute Espresso Walnut Brownies via Minimalist Baker
Even if this recipe took 2 hours, I’d be game to make it. Fortunately for us, it takes 5 minutes and it’s too ridiculous for words.
5. Pumpkin Oatmeal via Kiss My Broccoli
6. Mocha Almond Pancakes via The Healthy Maven
This has been my ‘go to’ pancake recipe and I’m most definitely not Paleo. It even can convert the biggest white sugar fan.
7. Chocolate Avocado Pudding via The Pretty Bee
Get a dose of healthy fats (and fruit!) with this moreish pudding, and know your doing your body a favour over it’s traditional counter part!
8. Microwave English Muffin via The Big Man’s World
I love English Muffins and am amazed that it can actually have a paleo spin on it and be made in the microwave! Ready in 5 minutes? Let’s get the stop watch sorted.
9. Vegan Peppermint Patties via Fit Foodie Finds
Peppermint patties have such an unfair stigma. They’re delicious and deadly (because full of calories). Now with this version, they become delicious and nutrient dense. The double D’s I approve of.
10. Mini Deep Dish Pizzas via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
Be still, my heart. No that is not a Chicago deep dish classic. It’s even better.
After seeing these…I’m sorry Mrs.Baker Lady. We’re over.
(Until the bread craving strikes next week).
Featured photo credit: Arman Liew from thebigmansworld.com via media.lifehack.org