You may have heard the quote “All grown-ups were once children…but only few of them remember it.” from The Little Prince before, but have you ever really stopped to reflect on it? Have you ever sat down to reminisce about your childhood, maybe even wish you were a child again? Here are some things you may have done as a child that you should still be doing as an adult.
1. You used to get so excited over things that you take for granted now. Do you even stop to appreciate how beautiful the rain is?
4. The smallest good thing to happen was like Christmas day. Now it seems like the small good things go unnoticed.
5. Your birthday was an excuse to eat all the cake and chocolate you wanted. It was the most exciting day of the year. The day you were born still should be a day that brings you that much happiness. Celebrate yourself.
6. When somebody told you you couldn’t do something, you would go out of your way to prove them wrong. Maybe climbing that tree wasn’t the best idea, but the same principle should be applied to life now.
7. You would read anything and everything you could get your hands on. When was the last time you read something that wasn’t a to-do list?
8. You would eat anything as long as it was delicious. It’s okay to indulge in food that makes you happy, life is short.
9. You would have big, boundless dreams. Remember that time you wanted to be a veterinarian by day and a secret spy by night?
11. Cartoons were your favourite time of day. There was something special about laughing till you thought you’d be sick. Do you remember the last time you had a good laugh?
12. You sang at the top of your lungs, not caring about what anybody thought. It was very entertaining then but could be very therapeutic now.
13. You danced like no one was watching, letting go of all the things you were sad about.
14. You used to sit back and admire pictures you just painted. When was the last time you appreciated something you did?
15. You let the people you love know you love them countless times in one day. Life is short, the people you love should hear how much you love them every chance you get.
16. Your only care was what was for dinner that night or when your next field trip was. Do you remember to slow down and not worry too much about the big things in life?
17. You loved dancing in the rain barefoot with no raincoat on. It didn’t even matter that you’d wake up sick the next day. The smell of rain on your skin was the best part.
18. You wore clothes that made you happy and let you run fast without caring about what people would say. Style used to be who you were, not what everyone else was doing.