When you are looking to improve your health, many of the suggestions that others will give you aren’t to eat more food. Rather, most would suggest that you take supplements or multivitamins that focus on specific losses. It’s a sound argument as the best multivitamins available can fill in the various gaps in your diet without adding excessive calories to your diet.
That being said, navigating the world of multivitamins is difficult as every person has different needs. On top of that, every person’s body functions differently and has different health goals.
With all of these factors in mind, I’ve put together a list of multivitamins that are good for men, women, and kids in general and specific needs. If you fit the categories we’ve mentioned, that multivitamin will generally be a good pick for you.
How to Pick the Best Multivitamins
- Amount of vitamins per bottle – These are all daily vitamins of course, but the value stems from how long a single bottle will last for you. While you have no control over how many people are taking these vitamins, you can control the amount of vitamins in each bottle by buying ones with more pills. Also, it’s worth checking how many of these vitamins you’ll need to take each day.
- Absorption – A vitamin is useful only if your body can absorb the nutrients. As such, you want to make sure that the pill can dissolve in your body and the nutrients can get in.
- Additives and fillers – Companies sometimes like to add these fillers into vitamins that only serve to make them look appealing and have a longer shelf life. These don’t help you at all health-wise. The products on this list do not have any of these.
- Essential vitamins – Multivitamins are a medley of vitamins, but certain vitamins are better for you to have overall. A good multivitamin is one that has vitamins D, magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, folate, and B-12.
- USP verification – These verifications are conducted by a third party non-profit organization that determines whether the vitamin is pure or not. It’s a good seal of approval to have. The catch is that many companies place fake seals on their bottles. You can always verify if the seal is legitimate on usp.org.
1. Multivitamins That Are Best for Higher Energy
Containing 23 vitamins and minerals, 12 digestive enzymes, 14 greens, and a large number of antioxidants, Nature’s Way Alive provides you with good coverage of vitamins and helps boost your energy level.
While this does cover essential nutrients, the core focus of this multivitamin is to provide energy. In this case, you’ll find that there is a higher amount of vitamin B in these vitamins to help your body convert any food you take into energy. Also considering the ingredient list, this is vegetarian friendly.
2. Best Multivitamins for Weight Loss and Maintenance
Many of the best multivitamins are going to be the vitamins that will cover the essentials while providing some other benefits to you. In the case of this Garden of Life Vitamin Code: Perfect Weight‘s packaging, this will help you with being more mindful of your weight.
How this is done is through the ingredient list. You’ll find many additional nutrients that are designed to support your metabolism and boost your immune system as well. One common ingredient you’ll find in this one is ashwagandha, which is meant to reduce stress-related overeating.
You can see this as both a multivitamin as well as a weight-loss supplement, which is helpful if you’re also looking to lose some weight.
3. Best Multivitamins for Women’s Overall Health
General multivitamins are helpful and beneficial to most people. However, one of the problems with them is that they don’t always provide nutrients that each gender needs. Men and women need different vitamins to function, and many of the multivitamins on the market don’t always address different people’s needs.
In the case of NOW Foods Eve, these multivitamins are designed to support women’s health. The vitamins contain superfruits like pomegranate and acai, among others, that provide much-needed nutrients to different people.
4. Multivitamin That Is Best for Women Overall
If you’re looking for another alternative multivitamin for women, one of the best multivitamins would be from Rainbow Light. Their women’s multivitamin contains the vitamins that we listed above as essential vitamins to your health and has great absorption as well. It’s even non-GMO, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
These multivitamins also help in improving your immune system and digestive system. All the while, it can provide nourishment, energy, and improve female vitality on a cellular level.
5. Best Multivitamin for Children
One of the big issues with children multivitamins is that many companies load their vitamins with sugar. Many other companies practice using artificial colors and flavors as well to encourage children to try them out as well.
We can understand why that’s the case, but there is an argument to be made for making better tasting multivitamins. One example of a good company for that is Renzo’s vitamins for kids. These multivitamins don’t have any sugar and gluten, and they are GMO-free and vegan friendly. On top of that, the company only uses high-quality ingredients.
You can choose between a tablet form or a gummy, and it won’t make a difference because your child will enjoy these while also receiving tremendous health benefits.
6. Multivitamin Ideal for Men
As mentioned above, general multivitamins don’t always help in filling nutritional gaps. And since men and women’s bodies need different nutrients, it makes sense for there to be multivitamins geared specifically for men. One good option is the Garden of Life brand, specifically their Vitamin Code: Men product.
Out of the best multivitamins for men out there, I went with this one since it helps with prostate health, mental and physical energy, and heart health as well. It’s also specifically designed for easy digestion. so you’ll get plenty of nutrients from these vitamins.
7. Best Multivitamin Overall
Nature Made is another brand that provides general multivitamins that cover a good amount of vitamins overall. Their Multi Daily product provides 14 key vitamins and minerals for daily nutritional support. Some of these are calcium, zinc, iron, and vitamins C, D3 E, and B. It covers a lot of the vitamins that we mentioned above, and I see it as a quality vitamin product.
8. Best Multivitamin for Active Men
The final multivitamin that we’re going to cover is one that’s for men’s health. This particular multivitamin, the GNC’s Mega Men Sport, provides an energy boost and enhanced metabolism. It also supports colon and prostate health while providing specific vitamins for overall health for men.
Like many of the other products on this list, this can also help in improving calorie-burning and mental sharpness too. It can also fight free radicals that men produce during exercising, making it a great multivitamin if you’re the more active type, too.
With so many multivitamins out there in the market, it’s difficult to navigate which ones you should be picking out for yourself. Thankfully, there are plenty of quality products that you can find if you spend a little bit of time researching and checking the ingredient lists.
Since I’ve done the legwork for you with this list of the best multivitamins, you can rest assured that these are some of the best ones out there to pick up. So, don’t be afraid to try them out.
More Vitamin Supplements You Should Try Out
- Best 7 Supplements to Boost Immune System
- 10 Best Multi-Vitamins for Women to Maintain a Healthier Lifestyle
- 10 Brain Vitamins for Enhanced Brain Power
Featured photo credit: Brooke Lark via unsplash.com