“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. I can feel you rolling your eyes at me from across the screen. But, as with most phrases that seem dully overused, it’s true! Breakfast is essential!
I know skipping it can seem tempting. I mean, hey, I’ve even fallen into the trap of believing that skipping that meal would somehow magically defy all the advice I hear and help me lose weight. However, the most important thing you can do to set yourself up for a day of success is to start it off with a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
I know that can be a real struggle for some of us. Who has time for meal prepping and cooking meals? And how do you even know where to start? That, my friends, is what I am here to show you!
I am about to guide you through my favorite healthy breakfast for weight loss that you can add to your morning ritual that are quick and easy.
You’re days of eating dirt-tasting granola bars are gone! These 20 delicious morning recipes will make eating healthy on a busy morning feel like a breeze and taste better than those donuts you sacrificed for your new healthy lifestyle!
1. Overnight Oats
You already know all about the power of oats but sometimes, the extra effort of boiling some water for your cup just doesn’t sound that appealing. Here’s the solution:
Create a bunch of about 5 mason jars of oats, one for each workday, to keep in the fridge. I
love adding a scoop or two of protein in there as well! It creates the perfect blend of macro nutrients to keep you balanced and satiated throughout the day.
2. Chia Seed Pudding
The great thing about chia is that it is so high in omega 3s- a nutrient that is renowned for balancing hormones, reducing inflammation, and weight loss. Adding this power-packed breakfast to your arsenal is a surefire way to reach your fitness goals!
While this delicious recipe calls for maple syrup, I like using 100% stevia or Monk fruit instead to lower the glycemic index and keep it more weight-loss friendly.
3. Bell Pepper Pirates Eye
Pirates Eye, Egg in the Hole, Egg in Bread… while this classic breakfast may have many different names, it remains a household favorite! This variation simply adds a new twist to an old classic, making it even healthier than ever!
4. Avocado Toast
I’m sure you’re not surprised to see this one on the list. Models like Romee Strijd have brought this breakfast into fame quickly!
It’s quick, easy, delicious, and well rounded. So of course, who wouldn’t want to have a bite of that?
5. Smoothie Bags
How could smoothies get any easier? By pre-packing frozen bags for them of course! It literally makes it as easy as tossing a bag full of ingredients in the blender, pressing a button, and boom! There you have it! A nutrient packed meal to power you through the day!
6. Banana Pancakes
Oh, so you didn’t think pancakes would make this list huh? Surprise! These delicious pancakes are super easy to whip up on the fly. And on top of that, you only need two ingredients: just the banana and egg. You can even find recipes that are vegan.
While these might be a little more dense than your traditional pancake, you will not be let down! They are D-E-L- I-C-I-O-U-S! And of course, if you see a trend going on here, healthy as well.
7. Protein Pancakes
Surprise again! I know what you’re thinking, “More pancake recipes? I thought this was a post on healthy breakfast meals”. It is, but that doesn’t disqualify pancakes from making it twice on this list. This recipe is amazing for you fitness buffs out there always looking for an extra boost of protein!
8. Omelet Waffle
Who says that waffle maker sitting unused since your health-kick has to go unused? Turns out, waffle makers are an excellent way to make a quick breakfast on the go! You can even sub egg white for an extra lean and protein packed breakfast
9. Low-Calorie Ice Cream
This recipe uses gelatin as the base for a scrumptious whipped up meal. While you shouldn’t necessarily expect the classic thick tubbed ice cream, this lighter and fluffier version still makes for a great substitute. And, since gelatin is 100% protein, you can still get a gut-healing, muscle building, and balancing boost from this meal!
10. Berry Smoothie Bowl
Not all smoothie bowls have to be a large feat. This smoothie bowl is extremely simple to make and still delicious! That happens to be the Minimalist Baker’s specialty.
11. Huevos Rancheros
While this breakfast may seem like too much of a feat for a work morning, it is still fairly simple to whip up! I think this makes for a perfect weekend recipe if you’re ready to switch things up a bit!
Yes, Jello can be a perfectly acceptable breakfast! Believe it or not, Gelatin in itself can actually be quite good for you depending on the source.
I love Great Lakes Gelatin, since they are naturally sourced. These natural sources of gelatin are packed with high amounts of protein and gut-healing properties! Health starts in the gut, and this recipe can help accomplish that!
13. Egg Muffins
The inventor’s bodies are proof that their meal plans definitely work! This quick and easy breakfast idea was invented by Tone It Up: a revokutionary empire! One thing these girls always rep is protein, protein, protein. these low calorie bites are going to be exactly what it takes to help you hit your protein macros daily!
14. Power Up Tacos
Who said that tacos are only for dinner? Not me! This protein packed savory goodness is stuffed with egg, feta, beans, and seemingly everything else you will need to stay full until lunch!
Say goodbye to mid-day binges! This is sure to keep you full well past lunch time.
15. Quiche in a Mug
It feels like America is out to prove that just about anything can be made in a mug! But quiche? Who knew this breakfast of kings could be cooked up in under 5 minutes!?
Fir those of you wanting breakfast like royalty on the go, definitely add this to your morning cookbook!
16. Protein Brownie in a Mug
What? Brownies in a breakfast food list? Well why not? Hey, if pancakes are a regular breakfast occurrence (pan-CAKE. Who are you fooling?) then why not add a bit of chocolately goodness to the mix?
Despite its delicious sweetness, protein brownies are actually deceivingly healthy. With protein powder as it’s base, it really isn’t much different that your morning smoothie.
17. Matcha Glazed Donuts
Another genius creation of the tone it up girls, these Matcha Donuts are made almost entirely out of protein powder! You won’t feel deprived as your waist-line is shrinking with these amazing breakfast editions. Plus, the extra matcha kick will keep you running all morning!
18. Smoked Salmon Bagel
Have you ever tried that Lox-Flavored cream cheese? Picture that times 10! These amazing Salmon bagels are fresh and delicious, giving your morning a savory start.
Salmon is packed with Omega 3’s and protein while the bagel will give you all the fiber and carbs you need for a morning kick-start. Next time you feel a rushed morning coming on, throw this together and you’ll feel as though your breakfast was made gourmet.
20. Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
Are you cooking for a crew? This Casserole is the perfect option for people cooking for large groups without the hassle of staying in the kitchen. If you are really looking to impress company, check this one out as a new go-to!
20. Gut Healing Latte
This drink makes a great addition as it adds a great punch of gut-healing protein with gelatin and set your day up right. On top of that, this “coffee” drink is actually extremely detoxing and caffeine free! You’ll be sipping on herbs while thinking you are actually drinking America’s favorite drink.
This latte has been a personal favorite of mine for a while now. Having it first thing in the morning always seems to settle my stomach and set me up for a day of success!
- Meal prep is key! Designate a specific time each week to accomplish all of your prep-plans. Cut your veggies, go shopping, make your smoothie bags, etc. Doing this will really help keep you on track when you are having a rushed morning.
- Make a meal plan for each week. If you don’t have a meal plan, you likely will find yourself reaching for the wrong types of food when hunger strikes. Plan in advance by lying out each one of your meals for the next week. It will really help your budget when going grocery shopping too!
- Plan only a few meals each week. When I’m meal prepping, I find about 2 to 3 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. It honestly makes things so much easier to be able to prep huge meals in advance and split it up throughout the week rather than making a different complicated recipe for every single meal.
- Master the 5-minute recipes! Overnight oats, chia pudding, salad in a jars, smoothie in a bag, and other recipes like that hardly take any time to prep. Make these meals your staples. You’ll be far more likely to stick to a meal plan if it doesn’t take hours from your week to prep.
- Use a shopping app. I love the app Prepear because of how simple it makes meal planning for me. You just add whatever online recipe you want to make into your meal plan and it breaks down all the ingredients for you to pick up! It is a real time saver!
- Try making your staple foods in bulk. When I was doing a raw-vegan challenge, I would meal prep one day each week and make massive amount of cauliflower rice, veggie noodles, cut vegetables, and anything else I thought I could use to throw together a quick vegan meal. This really helped keep my meals fresh and interesting in the middle of a long and busy week.
More About Losing Weight
- 25 Easy Fast Healthy Dinner Recipes to Try (And Go Paleo) This Week
- Why You’re Struggling to Lose Weight (And How to Fix It)
- 14 Healthy Easy Recipes for People on the Go
- 20 Juice and Smoothie Recipes for Energy and Vitality
- Need Motivation to Lose Weight? 17 Ideas to Get Inspired Right Now
Featured photo credit: Brooke Lark via unsplash.com