“Mentally strong people have healthy habits. They manage their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors in ways that set them up for success in life.” – Amy Morin.
Mental strength then is something that can be cultivated. If you are someone who wants to cultivate this mental strength and become more mentally strong, consider these 5 things that mentally strong people would never do and apply it to your own life.Advertising
They’d never judge; they gather all the facts
They would never jump to conclusions, without having all the facts and a full understanding of a person and a specific situation. They understand that doing so, is not only stupid but reveals a character flaw. And as mentally strong people they have immensely strong characters that they actively look to improve on a daily basis. Not only that, but they are aware that doing so would be a total waste of time and energy, energy that could be channeled in a more positive way.
They’d never blame difficult people in their lives; they are responsible
“When you say that someone else caused you pain, you unwittingly hand over all of your power to that person.” – Julie Peterson, Learning Mind
They are in full control of their actions and understand that only they are to blame for what they do in their lives. Any decision they make and actions they take is on them. They deal with the consequences. They don’t make excuses for what has happened. They accept full responsibility for every single thing they do. Always.
Further, by blaming difficult people, they know that you are unwillingly handing that power over to that person. They understand that they are in control, of not only their emotions but also their own happiness. They are positive, they are opportunists, and see this as an opportunity for personal growth In their own lives. They understand that difficult people arm them with this knowledge and provide them with the realization of who they don’t want to be.Advertising
They’d never lose themselves for the sake of keeping someone.
Mentally strong people know who they are and the actively seek personal growth in their lives at all times. If someone enters their lives, makes them lose their way and compromises their values and what they stand for, they will not hesitate to eradicate that person out of their lives. They are not scared to let go of things and people that do not have a positive impact on their lives. e.g. toxic people are ruthlessly eradicated.
They’d never be afraid of change and growth; change is natural
They understand that change is unavoidable. It is a way of life. It is something that you very often cannot control. This applies to both people and experiences. Subsequently, they are not scared of change. They embrace it.Advertising
Furthermore, they actively seek out new experiences. This not only pushes them out of their comfort zones, providing an opportunity for growth, but causes them to become more adaptable, strengthening who they are as people. In the long run, this sets them up for any future changes that occur naturally within their lives. They understand that change is vitally important to their happiness, even if it’s painful at times.
They’d never be mean to people; each person is facing their own unique challenges
They are kind and nice to people at all times. They understand that each and every person has their own internal battles that they are dealing with. They are also fully aware that being mean is a sign of a person’s own insecurity. As people they are secure. They are strong. They portray this in every action and emotion.Advertising
Last Updated on October 18, 2018
50+ Best Motivational Quotes To Prepare You For Any Challenges In Life
Life is filled with highs and lows —happiness and struggles that will test your resilience and integrity, push you to overcome challenges and leave you with lessons that will make you even stronger on your way up.
It’s the way you feel and think about yourself, including your expectations and beliefs about what is possible to you, greatly determines everything that happens to you.
It all starts with your thoughts. When you change your thoughts, you transform the quality of your life. (Right, Nancy’s story is a typical example!)
Below is a list of the best motivational quotes to inspire you to start your day with a blast:
Table of Contents
Quotes for self-assurance
1. Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality, upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.
2. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.
3. You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.
4. The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others
5. You attract what you are, not what you want. If you want great, then be great.
6. It’s not who you are that holds you behind, it’s who you think your are not.
Quotes about positivity
7. Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right.
8. You should never regret anything in life. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it is experience.
9. Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice.
10. If you have the power to make someone happy, do it. The world needs more of that.
11. Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.
12. Don’t be afraid to give up the good and go for great.
13. Remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned from worst times and from the worst mistakes.
Quotes for work and success
14. Don’t talk, just act. Don’t say, just show. Don’t promise, just prove.
15. Never stop doing great just because someone doesn’t give you credit.
16. Discipline is doing what needs to be done, even if you don’t want to.
17. Work while they sleep. Learn while they party. Save while they spend. Live like they dream.
18. The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire, not things we fear.
19. Never apologize for having high standards, people who really want to be in your life will rise to meet them.
20. If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.
21. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it, time will pass anyway.
22. Don’t fear failure. Fear being in the exact same place next year as you are today.
23. A hill is just another opportunity to leave your competition behind.
24. Don’t quit. You’re already in pain. You’re already hurt. Get a reward from it.
25. Hustle until you no longer need to introduce yourself.
26. You didn’t come this far only to come this far.
27. Be selective in your battles for sometimes peace is better than being right.
28 If we keep doing what we are doing, we’re going to keep getting what we’re getting.
29. You will never know your limits until you push yourself to them.
30. Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.
31. The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.
32. If your dreams don’t scare you, they are not big enough.
33. If you can’t handle stress, you won’t manage success.
34. Don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams.
35. Don’t mistake silence for weakness. Smart people don’t plan big moves out loud.
36. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
37. Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe dedicated.
38. You become who you spend your time with.
39. Be stubborn about your goals and flexible about your methods.
40. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
41. If you don’t build your dreams, someone else will hire you to build theirs.
42. Between stimulus and response is our greatest power –the freedom to choose.
43. What comes easy won’t last, what lasts won’t come easy.
44. Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
45. Work until your idols become your rivals.
Quotes about money
46. Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.
47. I create new enemies every day, it’s called business.
48. When you have a Million Dollar vision, don’t surround yourself with 1 cent minds.
49. You can’t get rich thinking poor.
50. Doing what is comfortable is rarely profitable.
51. If you can count your money, work harder.
If you find yourself feeling lost and frustrated, it’s never too late to change things up. Check out this guide: