We live in a world where headlines matter more than ever. We are in a world where everyone ranging from the media, businesses, publishers and more are all battling for your attention, and what do you think they use to get that attention?
Headlines. Headlines that grab attention are the key to getting your message read. Next time, you’re waiting in line to pay at the supermarket, look at the magazine’s and their headlines. Look at the next newspaper you read or any ad for that matter. Headlines are the key to winning the battle for your attention and they are everywhere.
You’ve got emails, the internet itself, social media, texting and more to battle with. To win that battle you need to use headlines that jump out and really shake your prospect so they stop and take notice. That is the only way. There are certain things you can do when writing your headlines to give them a little more attention grabbing power. Here are a few of them.
1. Adding Guarantee Of A Result
We all have a little hesitation about buying things especially if we have no relationship with the business trying to sell us on their offer. This is a natural feeling we all experience. One way to avoid this and put a little more attention grabbing emphasis into your headline is by including a guarantee. This works because a guarantee implies results, meaning that what you offer will work and for a doubtful prospect, it could be all they need to listen to your offer and part with their money.
Let’s look at one of the most famous headlines in advertising history by Domino’s Pizza.
“Fresh, Hot, Delicious Pizza Delivered To Your Door In 30 Minutes Or Less, Or It’s Free!”
This reduces any hesistation to buy from the prospect because it states that you will get your money back if you don’t get it within 30 minutes or less. It’s this kind of guarantee of results you can use in a headline to add a little more attention grabbing power. How can you use this concept for your own business?
2. Getting A Result ASAP
We live in an instant gratification world. People don’t want to wait for results, they want them now. You can use this to your advantage in your headlines and many businesses have done so successfully, and still do so. This is a very simple concept to apply. Check out some of the examples below and you’ll see how you can use this idea of instant gratification in your own headlines.
- Lose 15 Pounds This Month!
- Within 30 Days You Can Have 2 New Customers
- Get A Beach Body In Less Than 30 Days Using This Revolutionary Exercise
- Eliminate Your Fear Of Flying Within 2 Hours!
In the above headlines it states that they are going to get a result in a specific time frame. They don’t have to wait for the result and this is incredibly appealing to the prospect who is experiencing a problem that they must solve ASAP. This helps to add a little more conviction to your claim and also eliminate that hesitation to buy from your prospect.
3. Highlighting The Competitive Edge Of Your Product Or Service
Do you have a product or service that you know does a better job than your competitors? Then emphasise this in your headline. Highlighting an improvement can add a lot of freshness to otherwise dull and boring headlines, especially if you operate a business in a crowded marketplace. This could be the difference between a mediocre and an amazing response to your advertising.
Your competitive edge could be a number of things. It could be that it works faster. It could be that it saves time. It could be that it simplifies a certain process. It could be the product itself if it is truly unique. It could be any number of things and the key is to emphasize this in your headlines. Some examples below:
- Diet supplement that finally comes without the nauseous feeling
- Rub Wrinkles Out Of Your Face
- Taoist Monk Reveals Ancient Technique That Eliminates Chronic Back Pain Forever!
- Save 2 Hours Time Per Day Using This Productivity Hack… Guaranteed!
4. Revealing Secret Information
Who isn’t curious to uncover secret information? We all are and this curiousity is where the allure of using this in a headline works so well. This is a trick that has been used for decades by some of the best direct response copywriters in history, and it’s one you should use as well. Just adding this sense of mystery to your headlines adds a massive amount of attention grabbing power your headlines would otherwise lack.
- 7 Secrets For Creating Advertising That Gets Your Phone Ringing Like Crazy!
- 3 Simple Techniques To Write Faster Each Day
- Herbal Plant From The Depths Of The Amazon Jungle Cures Stomach Cramps Within 7 Days
- 21 Secrets About Making Money Rich People Don’t Want You To Know
5. Adding Believability Using Numbers Or Statistics
Numbers and statistics do one thing – add believability to your claims. As mentioned earlier, we are skeptical about buying from people we don’t know and numbers and statistics add believability. This is an incredibly simple technique to use and it can often make a weak headline much more powerful, just by adding a number or statistic. See below.
- Discover How You Can Make Money In The Stock Market Using 7 Time-Tested Proven Strategies!
- 3 Simple Steps To Making More Money And Smashing It In Business Within The Next 30 Days
- 64% Of Employers Check A LinkedIn Profile Before Hiring Someone. Learn The Secrets To Creating A Job Getting Linked Profile Here
These little tricks are time-tested and proven to work. They can be applied to different advertising mediums online and offline. Use them whenever you need to give your headlines a bit of extra attention grabbing power. I can almost guarantee that they will give you a much better response rate.
Remember, in today’s world we are all competing for attention and this makes the headlines you write more important than ever. In fact, they are crucial if you want to get a decent ROI from your advertising dollars.
So what tricks are you going to use in your next headline to boost your ROI?