The Stephen Hawking’s story is one of amazement. If you have never read his books or watched the film based on his life I strongly encourage you to do so. Stephen Hawking’s life exemplifies the power and will of determination. Despite Mr. Hawking’s disability, he did not allow it to render him unable or incapable. His story also shows the power of having a strong support system (his wife).
Below are the impressive Stephen Hawking Quotes that can change the way you see the world.
1. “However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. Where there’s life, there’s hope.” – Stephen Hawking
2. “People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.” – Stephen Hawking
3. “We are all now connected by the Internet, like neurons in a giant brain.” – Stephen Hawking
4. “We are in danger of destroying ourselves by our greed and stupidity. We cannot remain looking inwards at ourselves on a small and increasingly polluted and overcrowded planet.” – Stephen Hawking
5. “Our population and our use of the finite resources of planet Earth are growing exponentially, along with our technical ability to change the environment for good or ill.” – Stephen Hawking
6. “It is no good getting furious if you get stuck. What I do is keep thinking about the problem but work on something else. Sometimes it is years before I see the way forward. In the case of information loss and black holes, it was 29 years.” – Stephen Hawking
7. “My advice to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn’t prevent you doing well, and don’t regret the things it interferes with. Don’t be disabled in spirit as well as physically.” – Stephen Hawking
8. “For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind’s greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn’t have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.” – Stephen Hawking
9. “You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it.” – Stephen Hawking
10.”Government works best under the glare of public scrutiny. Absent such scrutiny, abuses occur.” – Stephen Hawking
11.. “What did God do before he created the universe?” – Stephen Hawking
12. “I believe in the possible. I believe, small though we are, insignificant though we may be, we can reach a full understanding of the universe. You were right when you said you felt small, looking up at all that up there. We are very, very small, but we are profoundly capable of very, very big things.” – Stephen Hawking
Featured photo credit: Stephen Hawking/Hit Flix via cdn.hitfix.com