Life is like a house that needs to be built and maintained. People try to avoid many realities and continue to ruin what’s good in their life without even noticing. Such poor choices don’t have to be made by you. Being happy and successful starts with acknowledging what damage you are doing to yourself right now and doing well to fix it.
1. You ruin your life when you don’t forgive
You can’t take life too seriously. People will hurt you and you will hurt others. Holding on to grudges or anger will only blind you from focusing on what is truly important.
2. You ruin your life when you keep a job you don’t like
Sometime you keep a job because you want a steady paycheck. But why jeopardize your happiness and focus on the present rather than on the future where you are free and happy?
3. You ruin your life when you care about what others think
You can’t please anyone. Caring about what others think will only make you empty as people will end up hurting and disappointing you.
4. You ruin your life when you are always procrastinating
Stop waiting for things to be perfect before you take action. Go out there and do what needs to be done to make your life perfect.
5. You ruin your life when you don’t take care yourself
Your body is your vehicle to success. Treating your body right by eating right and maintaining a healthy lifestyle will not only secure a healthy future but boost your self-esteem now.
6. You ruin your life when you complain about everything
Living a life of complaints doesn’t take you anywhere but will leave you disappointed, frustrated and angry. You need to channel that energy you use to complain into something worthwhile.
7. You ruin your life when you live in regrets
Your past cannot be changed. Learn from it and move on. Living in regrets only saps your positive energy and distracts you from possibilities.
8. You ruin your life when you pick the wrong partner
If you are Samson, please don’t pick a Delilah. Nothing is as awful or destructive as living with someone who doesn’t compliment or make you happy.
9. You ruin your life when you compare yourself to others
There is nothing as awful or as degrading as trying to compare yourself with others. We are all unique so why try to compare yourself with someone who is not you.
10. You ruin your life when you believe money will make you happy
Money offers you freedom, but there are many simple things in life that will make you happy and don’t require any money. Draining your life and focusing all your attention on wealth can make you distraught.
11. You ruin your life when you are not grateful
Gratitude means to appreciate the things you have. If you are thankful, you will have an ease, and an internal peace.
12. You ruin your life when you are in the wrong relationships
It is a bad thing to have an awful partner, but it will also tear you down if you are in relationships with friends who bruise and batter your self-worth.
13. You ruin your life when you are pessimistic
You should always be optimistic that things will be better. You cannot be negative and continue to condemn everything good that will come your way.
14. You ruin your life by living a lie
Many take on lives that are not theirs. They pretend and live under false guises. You have to be completely honest about who you are and live on that line.
15. You ruin your life by worrying about everything
Take some time to reflect and appreciate those great things you currently have. Although life is not perfect, it most definitely has handed some wonderful things to you. So appreciate it and quit worrying about what may not matter at the end of the day.
Featured photo credit: http://www.pixabay.com via pixabay.com