It is okay to be ordinary- the vast majority of people are. There are only a handful of billionaires in a world occupied by 7 billion people. What are some of the factors that set these people apart from the pack?
Although you’re not a billionaire, you may find that you possess many aspects of a successful mindset already.
These are some of the differences between the mindsets of ordinary people and the super successful:
1. Ordinary people are stuck with old answers. Successful people ask new questions
Ordinary prefer to live their life the traditional way and repeat the same old processes. For them, it is more secure and comfortable to live this way. But the successful are not satisfied with the status quo. They want to ask new questions and find new answers.
2. Ordinary people do not set goals. Successful people set realistic goals
Ordinary people often do not see the significance or appeal of setting goals. To them, it really is not that important. But to the successful, goals are compasses that they know will lead them to their desired destination.
3. Ordinary people listen to the opinions of others. Successful people create their own opinions
Ordinary people want to adjust their lives to the standards of others, rather than focus on influencing people with their innovative opinions. Ordinary people think that doing this will make them happy, but successful people are happy with making others adjust to their standards.
4. Ordinary people see failures as the end of the road. Successful people see failures as platforms for growth
No one likes to fail but what differentiates successful people and ordinary people is their attitude towards failure. Ordinary people see it as the end of their plan, because they are not creative enough to reinvent themselves. But successful people see it as a ladder to their next step.
5. Ordinary people do not see the importance of big picture ideas. Successful people cherish these ideas
Ordinary people think hard work is all they need to do to be successful, but successful people know the importance of big picture ideas. They know that these seemingly outlandish ideas could actually generate huge success.
6. Ordinary people do not value their time. Successful people maximize their time
Ordinary people do not understand how they can make the most of their time and worry about what they are missing out on. Successful people are organised, focused, and do more with the time that they have.
7. Ordinary people see money as evil. Successful people see money as a tool to get what they want
Ordinary people think that those who are successful are either lucky or dishonest, while successful people understand that money will offer them more options in life.
8. Ordinary people make wishes. Successful people act
Ordinary people gamble and hope the government, a spouse, or a boss will change their fortune. But successful people do not wait for things to happen, they make it happen.
9. Ordinary people live for money. Successful people live for their passion
Ordinary people work because of money, but successful people work because of the passion that drives them.
10. Ordinary people have ordinary expectations. Successful people dream big
Ordinary people have low or average expectations of their lives. On the other hand, successful people believe nothing is impossible and they dream big.
11. Ordinary people live above their means. Rich people live below their means
Ordinary people want everything to be good all at once and struggle with delayed gratification. But successful people know why they have to wait, and they save and invest to make more money.
12.Ordinary people play it safe. Successful people can take risks
Ordinary people understand that by being safe you can protect your wealth, but successful people know that wealth can be attained by taking certain thoughtful risks.
13. Ordinary people believe you cannot have it all. Successful people believe you can have it all
Ordinary people are always playing the victim and claiming you cannot have good things across all the domains of your life. But successful people know you can have wealth, a great family, great health, and a great career.
14. Ordinary people believe in formal education. Successful people know that education is unending
Ordinary people think the best and only education is in a four-walled institution, but successful people understand that education is unending and you have to keep on learning every day.
15. Ordinary people have a poor attitude. Successful people have a rich attitude
Ordinary people often blame others when their perseverance and determination fall short. But successful people are always working on having a positive attitude, developing their character, and acting in a manner that aligns with their values.
Featured photo credit: http://www.flickr.com via flickr.com