Life is short but around 50% of our life is spent on working. If you don’t feel happy about what you’re doing, you may be leading a harder life than those who love their job. Choosing the right career can make a difference in your life. Go through the following questions that could help you choose the right career.
- What are your dreams and aspirations?
- What difference do you want to make to this world?
- What are you interested in?
- What do you like and hate?
- What’s the talent that makes you stand out from others?
- What are you particularly bad in?
- Do you have any special skill or knowledge? Be it a language, a photo editing skill, computing knowledge or any kind of art skills?
- Are you more of an extroverted or introverted person?
- Are you comfortable with siting still for a long period of time?
- Do you feel that talking to strangers comfortably is part of your nature?
- What motivates you and what bores you?
- Are you willing to travel?
- How much do you want to earn?
- How much you actually need to earn?
- Where do you want to be in the future?
- What kind of lifestyle you’d like to have?
- Is this a career change? If yes, why are you making it at this point of your life?
- Will this job allow you to lead the kind of life you want to have?
- In terms of financial satisfactions, can this job support your basic needs?
- Why do you want to pursuit this as your career?
- Is it possible to have a quick test of whether you truly want to take this career by doing voluntary work or a part-time job?
- Any preference? Working in a large organization, a small company or a non-profit-making organization?
- Are there any opportunities for advancement?
- Will you need further education for this work and are you willing to do that?
- Are you prepared to make sacrifice after picking this career?
- Are you willing to work for extra time to do the very best for this job?
- Do you think you’ll be willing to take works home?
- Do you think you’ll find things related to this job interesting and will love to look into them during your leisure time?
- How much is the job related to your dream career?
- Will you regret not taking the job you’ve always wanted in the future?
- Which one is more important to you, a dream-fulfilling career or a job that satisfies your material needs?
- What do you expect to learn from the job?
- Is there any satisfactions that you want to get from the job?
- How much do you think you’ll love this job?
- Are you going to take this job as a real career that you want to lead for the rest of your life?
- Can you imagine doing this job or any job related to this career field 10 years later?
The “best job for everyone” doesn’t exist, the career you want to lead may not truly suit your personality and the job which seems to suit your ability may not be the career you love. Have you found the answer for your right career yet?
Wondering if you've got the wrong job? Check these signs: 7 WARNING Signs You Chose the Wrong Job
Set a Goal For Yourself
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook