I enjoy traveling. It’s an amazing experience to explore this big world, understand different culture and meet people from around the world. How will you ever know what another country is really like if you’ve never been there? Besides, it’s such a big world out there that we’ll regret not seeing it with our own eyes before we die.
Here I’ve collected some of the incredible things about traveling from 15 movies which will get you pack your stuff and go traveling.
1. Life’s too short to stay in the same place, a big world is out there. Traveling widens your horizon and helps you feel the world.
“To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.” – From The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty
2. Sometimes to travel is the best reason to go traveling. Why do you need to give yourself different reasons just to take on a fun journey?
“Miner’s Wife: Are you two looking for work?
Ernesto Guevara de la Serna: No, we aren’t looking for work.
Miner’s Wife: No?… Then why are you traveling?
Ernesto Guevara de la Serna: We travel just to travel.”
– From “Motorcycle Diaries”
3. Traveling takes you not only to a different place, but a different stage of life.
“You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O’Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?” – From Edward Norton in Fight Club
4. Not everything can be expected is what makes traveling exciting. Things just won’t always go the way you want as you travel.
“I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up.” – From Jack in Titanic
5. The best things’ not always mentioned in your map or guidebooks, you need to explore the world on your own.
“We do not follow maps to buried treasure and X never, ever marks the spot.” – From Indiana Jones in “Last Crusade”
6. Traveling enriches your experience, it changes you in a way you never expected.
“Wandering around our America has changed me more than I thought. I am not me any more. At least I’m not the same me I was.” – From Ernesto Guevara de la Serna in “Motorcycle Diaries”
7. You never know the differences between one place and another until you really have been there and experience them.
Vincent: Yeah, baby, you’d dig it the most. But you know what the funniest thing about Europe is?
Vincent: It’s the little differences. I mean, they got the same shit over there that we got here, but it’s just…it’s just there it’s a little different.
– From Pulp Fiction
8. Traveling with fear is alright, it won’t hurt you.
“I told myself spreading news was part of a traveler’s nature, but if I was being completely honest, I was just like everybody else: shit-scared of the great unknown. Desperate to take a little piece of home with me.” – From Richard in The Beach
9. Don’t stay in your comfort zone, try exotic places where you can gain new perspectives of life.
“English, who needs that? I’m never going to England” – From Homer Simpson
10. It’s okay to feel lost when you travel. You don’t always have to know where you are to go on with your journey.
“We haven’t located us yet.” – From The Darjeeling Limited
11. As you go on traveling and visiting more places, you start to realize how sweet your home really is.
“There’s no place like home” – From The Wizard of Oz
12. The people you travel with are as important as the places you travel to. They are people who can make your journey memorable.
“Let’s never come here again because it would never be as much fun.” – From Charlotte in Lost in Translation
13. Traveling’s not about having a luxurious trip all the time, it’s about the experience of a different country and different culture.
“I’m not really wealthy as such but it I want to stay in the Hilton I could do it, but to me, to stay in the hostels and such, that’s really travel.” – From A Map For Saturday
14. Indeed there are unfortunate people who really can’t afford to travel, but most people only blind themselves with excuses to stay in their comfort zone and are not willing to take on an adventure.
“Most people don’t have the luxury of just leaving it all behind.” – From The Way
15. Adventure is out there, as simple as that! Travel around and you can create remarkable memories in life.
“Adventure is out there!” – From Up
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook