Do you feel like your life could be happier? You know things are going okay, but you just feel that they could be better.
What if I told you that it could be as simple as just changing your attitude?
My Friend, Amit Amin from HappierHuman.com, says that it is when we take full responsibility for our happiness and stop blaming others, that we can truly find happiness.
I truly believe that it completely hinges on our perspectives. Only you can decide if you are going to be happy. This also ripples its way into other areas of our lives.
I like to practice “flip switch” when you notice that your thoughts or mood is negative or lower than you would like. First you stop your current thinking and then start thinking more positively for at least 17 seconds. This is enough time to change your prospective. The more often you practice this, the more likely it is that your positive thinking will become a habit.
“You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.”
― Albert Camus
So what are some easy ways that you can quickly set your mood and attitude for the day?
Try these techniques to bring greater happiness and success into you and change your life today:
- Start each day by making a list of things you’re grateful for. You can do this while you’re lying in bed just before you get up, in the shower, or while driving to work. Can you create a grateful habit?
- Love life, not stuff. Simpler is better. The feeling of excitement when you buy something wears off pretty fast, so focus more on living your life and create memories. The quality of your life itself is what will bring you the most happiness, not the quantity or quality of your stuff.
- Be patient. Enjoy the journey of creating the life you desire. Each day will bring you one step closer.
- Believe and have faith in yourself. Life is much more pleasant when you have faith in yourself. Remember: You’ve probably already done things that are much more difficult than just about anything you may still wish to accomplish. Do you need more motivation?
- Smarter not harder. We often believe that anything worthwhile requires a lot of work. That’s definitely not true. Why do you think we have such big brains? So we can use them of course. Really, I think we often make things much harder than they have to be.
- There’s no such thing as failure. Each time your plans fall short, learn from the experience, and continue moving forward. The knowledge gained only makes you more capable in the future.
Adjusting your attitude and making these changes isn’t easy, but it pays off. Your attitude affects your perspective, what you notice, and what you fail to notice. By adjusting your attitude, you can shift your whole reality!
Examine the attitudes you already hold that may be limiting your life and happiness. What perspectives and beliefs would serve you better?
I bet you can think of some that are smarter, that fill you with believe in yourself and will motivate you along your life journey. Take these ideas to get started. You will find the process of adjusting those negative attitudes will lead to a happier tomorrow.
Featured photo credit: Beautiful girl in New York City via Shutterstock