It’s weird that we spend our entire lives in our skin, and yet we may not know that much about it. Here are the facts about the skin you’re in:
- Skin is the largest organ in (well, on) the human body.
- The average skin when stretched out is around 2 square meters.
- Skin is responsible for 15% of your body weight.
- There are two types of skin: hairy and glabrous.
- There are three layers: Epidermis, Dermis and Subcutis.
- The skin on your eyelids is just 0.2mm thick.
- The thickest skin is on the soles of your feet, at 1.4mm.
Body hair facts:
- A body hair will grow for 2-6 years.
- You lose around 20 – 100 hairs a day.
- Hair is made from a protein called Keratin which also makes up your finger nails.
- Over 50% of the dust in your house is dead skin.
There’s so much more to our skin, check out the infographic to find out even more.
50 Incredible Facts About Your Skin | Beauty Flash
Set a Goal For Yourself
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook