Read full content
It’s weird that we spend our entire lives in our skin, and yet we may not know that much about it. Here are the facts about the skin you’re in:
- Skin is the largest organ in (well, on) the human body.
- The average skin when stretched out is around 2 square meters.
- Skin is responsible for 15% of your body weight.
- There are two types of skin: hairy and glabrous.
- There are three layers: Epidermis, Dermis and Subcutis.
- The skin on your eyelids is just 0.2mm thick.
- The thickest skin is on the soles of your feet, at 1.4mm.
Body hair facts:
- A body hair will grow for 2-6 years.
- You lose around 20 – 100 hairs a day.
- Hair is made from a protein called Keratin which also makes up your finger nails.
- Over 50% of the dust in your house is dead skin.
There’s so much more to our skin, check out the infographic to find out even more.
50 Incredible Facts About Your Skin | Beauty Flash
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook