Everyday objects can help you save time and money. Many of these ideas are so simple it’s amazing they’ve been hiding in plain sight. So start using these time and money saving tips today. Don’t forget to share them with your family and friends. Let’s get started.
1. Detach a photo from an adhesive photo album with a hairdryer by blowing warm air on the back of the page and gently tugging the photo free.
2. Use old spaghetti jars to store cooking supplies.
3. Place a wooden spoon over the top of your pot of boiling water; the spoon prevents the pot from boiling over.
4. Tie a loose knot in extension cords to keep them from pulling them apart.
5. Use a shoe organizer to grow herbs and vegetables.
6. Raw spaghetti strands can be used to light hard-to-reach candlewicks.
7. Push each end of an aluminum foil box to keep the roll in place.
8. Secure eyeglass screws with clear nail polish.
9. Use tape attached to a container helps in leveling a scoop.
10. Use wooden pallets as a bed frame.
11. Use Chinese takeout containers as plates.
12. Use tissue boxes as a dispenser for plastic grocery bags.
13. Old tires make a great sandbox.
14. Clean your toilet with Alka-Seltzer.
15. Nearly every pan and pot has a built in stand for your utensils right in the handle.
16. Place a coffee filter at the bottom of a flower or plant pot to keep soil from going through the drainage holes.
17. A cereal container is a great trash disposal in your car.
18. Shine brass and copper using salt and lemon.
19. Keep the soles of your shoes from touching your clothes by packing them in a shower cap.
20. Clean greasy pots and pans with Coca-Cola.
21. Clean your computer keyboard using a makeup brush.
22. Use a plastic bottle as a funnel.
23. Heat up leftovers in the microwave with coffee filters.
24. Use old calendars for gift wrapping.
25. Use old plastic bags as packaging material.
26. Pipe cleaners keep clothes from falling off hangers.
27. Buttons can be used as earring holders.
28. Attach a scratched DVD or CD to a child’s bike as a safety reflector.
29. A staple remover can pry open key rings for easier access.
30. Use rubber bands to hold a paintbrush.
31. Use paper plates between nonstick cookware to keep them from getting scratched.