Wait, don’t give up on that stained shirt! Much of your potentially ruined (or very stinky) clothing can be remedied with simple fixes you can do at home. From stain removal to patent leather scratches, you just may be able to save your favorite clothes from the donation pile. Never cower at a red wine stain again!
1. Buff off stubborn grime from suede with a nail buffer.
2. Put your jeans in a baggy in the freezer to reduce odor and save a wash.
3. Stop a run in your tights by applying clear nail polish.
4. And use hairspray to help prevent runs in the first place.
5. If you spill red wine on your clothing, soak it in white wine to help remove it before you throw it in the wash.
6. Rub off deodorant marks with baby wipes.
7. Use a razor to fix pilling on clothes.
8. Put dry tea bags in stinky shoes to reduce the odor.
9. Mix vinegar with cold water and use it to get water stains out of leather.
10. Lift oil stains by leaving baby powder on the spot overnight before washing as usual.
11. Remove makeup stains from your shirt with shaving cream.
12. Whiten dirty shoes again by scrubbing them with baking soda and a tooth brush.
13. Shine up patent leather shoes with Windex.
14. And for scuffs, use petroleum jelly.
15. Spray lemon juice on sweat stains before washing to get them out.
16. Cut pieces of moleskine to fix a bra with protruding underwire.
17. Put ice on gum that’s stuck to clothing for 20-25 minutes and it will scrape off more easily!
Featured photo credit: out with the old/woodleywonderworks via flic.kr