“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
Answer this question with 100 percent honesty: Are you happy?Advertising
To understand that, you need to know what happiness truly is. What are the universal things we share that embody the concept of being happy? Sometimes the answer isn’t as obvious as we think.
One thing’s for sure though: happy people do things differently. They think differently. They act differently.
This happiness checklist is a good place to start if you’re seeking happiness, or you just want reassurance that you are, in fact, truly happy.Advertising
Do you give and receive love abundantly?
Perhaps the most common bond that happy people share is they love and are loved. Whether it’s your family, your spouse, your friends, or your pets, those who have strong relationships are happier and live longer.
Do you not sweat the small stuff?
Happy people live in the present. They turn challenges into opportunities for growth. They may still get angry or upset sometimes about things that are out of their control … but they express their anger or sad emotions and move on. They don’t dwell on stuff.
Do you spend time doing what you love?
Truly happy people are passionate and they find ways to fulfill those passions. This doesn’t necessarily mean you love your job. But it does mean you find time to do the things that you really enjoy — the things that melt away your stress and put you at ease. So whether it’s writing, environmental activism, golf, or knitting, if you carve out some time in your weekly schedule to do the things you’re passionate about, you’ll be a happier person.Advertising
Do you perform random acts of kindness?
Research shows that happy people become even happier when they’re kind. That’s because doing nice things for others releases serotonin, a neurotransmitter that is your brain’s “happy chemical.” Happy people seek to make a difference in the world around them. They know that performing selfless acts of kindness is key to living a happy, fulfilling life.
Are you an optimist?
Happy people see the glass as half full, not half empty. They create their own optimism and have a positive attitude most days. They have days when they’re down or sad, too. But overall, they choose to focus on the good rather than the bad, especially in trying times.
Are you healthy?
Eating healthily and exercising can have a direct impact on your happiness. People who eat poor quality food and are sedentary are more likely to be unhappy and depressed. On the other hand, eating healthy foods can have a direct impact on your mood, and getting in shape increases your confidence and self-esteem levels. So make exercise and healthy eating a part of your daily routine and watch your happiness levels soar.Advertising
Are you honest with yourself?
Happy people know who they are. And more importantly, they know who they’re not. They also don’t waste their time trying to be someone they’re not. Happy people hold themselves accountable for their actions. They don’t make excuses; rather, they take action. They’re honest with themselves and with others, even when the truth hurts.
Are you alive?
Want to know “the secret” to being truly happy? Here it is: You won’t find happiness in external things. It comes from within. Your mind is very powerful, and you can use it to create great things in your life — or you can waste it complaining, sulking, and being pissed off all the time. If you’re alive, you can be happy. So choose happiness. It’s really that simple!
Last Updated on October 18, 2018
50+ Best Motivational Quotes To Prepare You For Any Challenges In Life
Life is filled with highs and lows —happiness and struggles that will test your resilience and integrity, push you to overcome challenges and leave you with lessons that will make you even stronger on your way up.
It’s the way you feel and think about yourself, including your expectations and beliefs about what is possible to you, greatly determines everything that happens to you.
It all starts with your thoughts. When you change your thoughts, you transform the quality of your life. (Right, Nancy’s story is a typical example!)
Below is a list of the best motivational quotes to inspire you to start your day with a blast:
Table of Contents
Quotes for self-assurance
1. Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality, upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.
2. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.
3. You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.
4. The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others
5. You attract what you are, not what you want. If you want great, then be great.
6. It’s not who you are that holds you behind, it’s who you think your are not.
Quotes about positivity
7. Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right.
8. You should never regret anything in life. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it is experience.
9. Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice.
10. If you have the power to make someone happy, do it. The world needs more of that.
11. Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.
12. Don’t be afraid to give up the good and go for great.
13. Remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned from worst times and from the worst mistakes.
Quotes for work and success
14. Don’t talk, just act. Don’t say, just show. Don’t promise, just prove.
15. Never stop doing great just because someone doesn’t give you credit.
16. Discipline is doing what needs to be done, even if you don’t want to.
17. Work while they sleep. Learn while they party. Save while they spend. Live like they dream.
18. The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire, not things we fear.
19. Never apologize for having high standards, people who really want to be in your life will rise to meet them.
20. If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.
21. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it, time will pass anyway.
22. Don’t fear failure. Fear being in the exact same place next year as you are today.
23. A hill is just another opportunity to leave your competition behind.
24. Don’t quit. You’re already in pain. You’re already hurt. Get a reward from it.
25. Hustle until you no longer need to introduce yourself.
26. You didn’t come this far only to come this far.
27. Be selective in your battles for sometimes peace is better than being right.
28 If we keep doing what we are doing, we’re going to keep getting what we’re getting.
29. You will never know your limits until you push yourself to them.
30. Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.
31. The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.
32. If your dreams don’t scare you, they are not big enough.
33. If you can’t handle stress, you won’t manage success.
34. Don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams.
35. Don’t mistake silence for weakness. Smart people don’t plan big moves out loud.
36. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
37. Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe dedicated.
38. You become who you spend your time with.
39. Be stubborn about your goals and flexible about your methods.
40. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
41. If you don’t build your dreams, someone else will hire you to build theirs.
42. Between stimulus and response is our greatest power –the freedom to choose.
43. What comes easy won’t last, what lasts won’t come easy.
44. Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
45. Work until your idols become your rivals.
Quotes about money
46. Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.
47. I create new enemies every day, it’s called business.
48. When you have a Million Dollar vision, don’t surround yourself with 1 cent minds.
49. You can’t get rich thinking poor.
50. Doing what is comfortable is rarely profitable.
51. If you can count your money, work harder.
If you find yourself feeling lost and frustrated, it’s never too late to change things up. Check out this guide: