No one can live their life without failing. I am not sure why people have such a fear of failure as it is a standard life experience we all must have. Failure as you will see from these 30 quotes is the key ingredient for the recipe of success!
Today’s society is obsessed with success and achievement and failure is definitely NOT part of the equation. Failure and making mistakes is hidden away or seen as a human weakness.
But be very wary of the messages you are being influenced by, when it comes to failure. If you avoid making mistakes in your life, struggle to do everything right and are obsessed with perfection and order, then living and experiencing a successful and happy life is going to be impossible to attain.
Reading through these 30 quotes, you will find a common theme about failure and that is – without failure, many of these people would not have been successful.
Embrace your failure whether it is one failure or many failures because with the right attitude, you are guaranteed a lifetime of success.
1. “Never let success get to your head; never let failure get to your heart.” — Anonymous
2. “Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie?” — Marilyn Monroe
3. “You always pass failure on your way to success.” — Mickey Rooney
4. “Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.” — Chinese proverb
5. “Successful people don’t fear failure but understand that it’s necessary to learn and grow from.” — Robert Kiyosaki
6. What people think success looks like isn’t true.
7. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” — Og Mandion
8. “Fear regret more than failure.” — Taryn Rose
9. “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” — Nelson Mandela
10. “The secret of life is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.” — Paulo Coelho
11. “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.” — Napoleon Hill
12. I have not failed, I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” — Thomas Alva Edison
13. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” — Bill Gates
14. “The only thing that separates success from failure is one last attempt. Try one more time and you will get lucky.” — Apoorve Dubey
15. “Failure is a detour; not a dead-end street.” — Zig Ziglar
16. “In the real world, very smart people fail and mediocre people rise. Part of what makes people fail or succeed are skills that have nothing to do with IQ. Also, the idea that intelligence can be gauged by an IQ test is erroneous.” — Camille Paglia
17. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” — Oprah Winfrey
18. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.” — J.K. Rowling
19. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” — Richard Branson
20. “Success or failure is caused more by mental attitude than by mental capacity.” — Walter Scott
21. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again. That is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
22. “There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don’t. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.” — José N. Harris
23. “All people fail at certain instances in their lives, the only thing that makes them different is how they manage to stand up or how they choose to fail again.” — Unknown
24. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” — Robert Kennedy
25. “Failure is good as long as it doesn’t become a habit.” — Michael Eisner
26. “If you are afraid of failure, you don’t deserve to be successful.” — Charles Barkley
27. “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. It is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead-end street.” — William A. Ward
28. “Courage allows the successful woman to fail and learn powerful lessons, from the failure. So that in the end, she didn’t fail at all.” — Maya Angelou
29. “Good people are good because they’ve come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know.” — William Saroyan
30. “Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.” — Charlie Chaplin
31. “Don’t fear failure — not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” — Bruce Lee
More Inspirational Quotes
- 50+ Best Motivational Quotes To Overcome Life’s Challenges
- 100 Motivational Quotes That Will Guide You To Massive Success
- 25 Hard Work Motivational Quotes to Inspire You to Achieve More
Featured photo credit: Julian Dutton via unsplash.com