“Unplug from society every once in a while and plug into your mind” – Tiffany Mason
We are living in a century where anything is possible. We have so many different opportunities to live a life truly worth living for. The difference that separates one person from another person in achieving their dreams is determination. The determination of creating that which they desire to exist. We face so many distractions on a daily basis that we can easily get off track. It will be your determination that will get you through these distractions and create the reality that you want for yourself.
I want to share with you the steps that I have taken to pursue my dreams. It has taken about 5 years to get to where I am today in my life and I have never been happier. It takes time, patience and determination. All I can say is that the journey is definitely worth it.Advertising
Plug into your mind
We experience so much noise, whether it be from the television, social media, the radio or even other people. It has never been more important to unplug from society and plug into your mind. Since we are constantly surrounded by noise, it is crucial for you to plug into your mind when it comes to what you want and the dreams you want to make into reality. When you plug into your mind, you are allowing your thoughts, emotions and feelings explore. How can you possibly discover your dreams when you are surrounded by noise? It is nearly impossible to think for yourself. This is exactly why you need to give yourself the time to discover your dreams in a quite environment.
Spend some quality time one evening plugging into your mind. Limit all distractions by putting your phone on silent, turning off the television and sitting in a quite place. Have a piece of paper and a pen. Get in touch with your thoughts.
Write down the answers these questions:
What do you truly want to accomplish in life?Advertising
What fulfills your soul?
What comes naturally to you?
What is your legacy? When you leave this world, what do you want others to remember you by?Advertising
These questions may not be easy to answer, but is necessary for you to reflect and be clear with what you want. This is the very first step that I took to accomplish my dream of becoming a Life Coach. Ask yourself, “How do I want to impact the lives of others in a positive and empowering way? Because life really is all about helping others.
Once you have taken the time to plug into your mind and explore your dreams, now is time to do some research. The next step to discovering your dream is doing research. If you want to be a rock star, do some research on what it’s like to be a rock star and what a typical day is like. Do your homework before jumping into something blindly. Know the ins and outs of what it’s like to be a rock star. You may find out that you don’t like it. Wouldn’t you rather know now that the rock star lifestyle is not for you rather than later? I know I would!
Get on Google and start researching your dream. Go to your local library, get a library card and start reading books about your dream. Learn from others who are living out your dream, and try to discover both the good and the bad. Find out what’s good about your dream and what the challenges are. When you do your research, you are more prepared.Advertising
Now that you have your research about your dream, it’s time to experience it. It may be volunteering at your local shelter if you want to be a veterinarian or working with a mentor. One great way to discover your dream and pursue it is being able to experience it. Take the time to be involved in the environment that you want to be in. If your dream is to be a business owner, work with a business owner that is already successful. You can learn a lot about your dream through experience.
Find out ways to experience your dream. If you have a busy schedule, take some time in the evenings or weekends to volunteer. Even if it’s just for a few a hours throughout the week, you will start to experience what it’s like to turn your dream into reality. Find a mentor that is already living out your dream. Be a student and ask as many questions as you can. Be curious about their day, ask about their challenges that they encounter and how they handle uncertainty
Implement these 3 steps to discover your dream in your own life. Follow these steps in order and get in touch with what you truly want. Best of luck on your journey to creating that which you truly desire to exist!
Last Updated on October 18, 2018
50+ Best Motivational Quotes To Prepare You For Any Challenges In Life
Life is filled with highs and lows —happiness and struggles that will test your resilience and integrity, push you to overcome challenges and leave you with lessons that will make you even stronger on your way up.
It’s the way you feel and think about yourself, including your expectations and beliefs about what is possible to you, greatly determines everything that happens to you.
It all starts with your thoughts. When you change your thoughts, you transform the quality of your life. (Right, Nancy’s story is a typical example!)
Below is a list of the best motivational quotes to inspire you to start your day with a blast:
Table of Contents
Quotes for self-assurance
1. Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality, upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.
2. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.
3. You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.
4. The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others
5. You attract what you are, not what you want. If you want great, then be great.
6. It’s not who you are that holds you behind, it’s who you think your are not.
Quotes about positivity
7. Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right.
8. You should never regret anything in life. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it is experience.
9. Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice.
10. If you have the power to make someone happy, do it. The world needs more of that.
11. Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.
12. Don’t be afraid to give up the good and go for great.
13. Remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned from worst times and from the worst mistakes.
Quotes for work and success
14. Don’t talk, just act. Don’t say, just show. Don’t promise, just prove.
15. Never stop doing great just because someone doesn’t give you credit.
16. Discipline is doing what needs to be done, even if you don’t want to.
17. Work while they sleep. Learn while they party. Save while they spend. Live like they dream.
18. The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire, not things we fear.
19. Never apologize for having high standards, people who really want to be in your life will rise to meet them.
20. If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.
21. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it, time will pass anyway.
22. Don’t fear failure. Fear being in the exact same place next year as you are today.
23. A hill is just another opportunity to leave your competition behind.
24. Don’t quit. You’re already in pain. You’re already hurt. Get a reward from it.
25. Hustle until you no longer need to introduce yourself.
26. You didn’t come this far only to come this far.
27. Be selective in your battles for sometimes peace is better than being right.
28 If we keep doing what we are doing, we’re going to keep getting what we’re getting.
29. You will never know your limits until you push yourself to them.
30. Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.
31. The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.
32. If your dreams don’t scare you, they are not big enough.
33. If you can’t handle stress, you won’t manage success.
34. Don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams.
35. Don’t mistake silence for weakness. Smart people don’t plan big moves out loud.
36. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
37. Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe dedicated.
38. You become who you spend your time with.
39. Be stubborn about your goals and flexible about your methods.
40. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
41. If you don’t build your dreams, someone else will hire you to build theirs.
42. Between stimulus and response is our greatest power –the freedom to choose.
43. What comes easy won’t last, what lasts won’t come easy.
44. Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
45. Work until your idols become your rivals.
Quotes about money
46. Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.
47. I create new enemies every day, it’s called business.
48. When you have a Million Dollar vision, don’t surround yourself with 1 cent minds.
49. You can’t get rich thinking poor.
50. Doing what is comfortable is rarely profitable.
51. If you can count your money, work harder.
If you find yourself feeling lost and frustrated, it’s never too late to change things up. Check out this guide: