Some say our friends can be closer to us than family. At crucial points this may sound true – friends make the most of the times we spend together with them… No wonder we share some amazing and memorable times with them! Going on a trip with a friend could unleash excitement that was holed up in you for a long time.
1. They make sure you stick to your budget
It could be because traveling gets cheaper in groups, or that you and your friends have to split costs. However, when you travel with friends the financial responsibility isn’t a burden for you alone.
2. You have various things to do
You could be stifled with doing things just your own way when you travel alone. But with friends you are not stuck to doing things a single way.
3. You can act as stupid as you want
From taking that selfie of ridiculous poses, to acting weird as a group in your hotel room or lobby, traveling with friends brings out the real and wild person in you.
4. You are excited about the journey
Traveling with friends can get you all pumped up and freaking excited. You are eager and all set up days, weeks or even months in advance.
5. It is an adventure from the moment you meet
The adventure doesn’t begin when you arrive at your destination. Rather, it starts when you and your friends connect or rendezvous for the trip.
6. There is so much to talk about during the trip
You have so much to discuss about, and it sorts of helps to pass the time and get you into each other’s business.
7. Experiencing new things with your friend is phenomenal
The pictures you take, the experience and the destinations you uncover, and the insights you garner are exciting and will always be memorable. This could always be a talking point for you and your friend during discussions.
8. There will be more risks with your friends
Friends are eager and want to try new things. With your friends you take on more risks and go beyond borders to making each other happy.
9. You will share the same opinion
With your friends there really is no generational gap, you have the same ideas on how things should be done. Your perspectives are not distant.
10. Traveling with your friends offer surprises
The truth is that the trip could go any way and that adds to the surprise. The spontaneity of events can shock you!
11. You can engage in activities meant for groups
Activities such as camping, rafting and trekking are best enjoyed with your friends.
12. Your night is like your day
With friends there is no sleeping early. There is so much activity to accomplish that you will need the night to plug into some of the fun available.
13. Traveling with your friends makes you know them better
Traveling with friends make you discover those things you really didn’t know about your friends. You see them from a different perspective and this will make you appreciate them the more.
14. Traveling with friends makes you reconnect with them
Let’s face it, we all live busy lives but traveling with friends kind of brings you back together.
15. Traveling with friends will bring back memories
With friends you remember a lot of things from the past as you joke about almost anything. Traveling with friends offers you periods of reflection.
16. They prompt you into self-examination
While traveling with friends you can see yourself from your friend’s eyes and self-examine yourself appropriately. They push you and get you into understanding yourself better.
17. They will be the best persons to get you out of a messy situation
There will be situations that could get out of hand when on a trip. Who is the most ideal person that could help you out of it? Definitely people that know you best and have your interest at heart.
18. You are more aware when you travel with friends
Traveling with friends endeavors you to have a clearer picture of how important your friends are and that they will always have your back in many situations. Life is a struggle and through some of the silliness you will know if your friends will support you or not.
19. You carry a fragment of home with you
With traveling, there could be some home sickness. You are in an unfamiliar territory and you wish you were at home snuggled up in bed. With friends around you, you have a piece of home with you that could offer some comfort and reassurance.
20. Traveling with friends provides you with the best photos in your albums
When you look at your photo album of pictures taken with friends during a trip, what do you see? You see hope, togetherness and truth. And that is enough to make you excited every now and then.
Going on a trip with friends should not be just talked about. It should be lived and experienced.
Featured photo credit: http://www.pixabay.com via pixabay.com