Being a new mom comes with its reward and challenges. You must have waited in yearning and enthusiasm for your baby to be born, and now that he is here you can be relieved and enjoy many moments. These moments make you smile and can only be cherished. Truthfully only new moms can understand and smile at these small things.
1. You will be proud of every ounce your baby gains
You are interested in your baby’s growth. And such growth could be factored in how your baby adds up more weight.
2. You will be amazed at how your baby sleeps peacefully at night
Whatever difficult period you have passed through during childbirth or even when you are having a difficult day, you will smile and be satisfied at seeing your baby sleeping peacefully at night.
3. You will love to see how your husband check up on your baby
Every day you start getting used to the sight of seeing your husband coming home from work, and while he checks on the baby, he accidentally wakes him/her up.
4. You are concerned about your baby’s hair growth
You have a feeling of joy when you start noticing that your baby’s bald spot is finally filling in. You start wondering what you will have to do about their mullet.
5. You have a special photo of your baby
You quickly have a photo of your baby and have the photo in somewhere noticeable like on top of your wedding photo or in your wallet.
6. You will love to see your baby’s first dance
You will crack up when you see your baby make that first dancing move. You will love to see that moment over and over again.
7. You will love to see and capture that emotional moment of your partner carrying your baby
You will feel accomplished as you find your partner take your baby as his for the first time. The feeling that you have contributed to his happiness makes you smile.
8. You will cherish moment alone
While you have some freedom to empty the dishwasher and to do the dishes you can smile as your baby holds his morning bottle to himself.
9. You cherish when you hear your child utter his first word
Although you may be envious if your sweetie’s first word is “Da-Da”, it will still make you smile all the same. By the way “Da-Da” is easier to pronounce.
10. You will cherish every present given to you
You will be happy to cherish anyone who gives you a toy without lights, noise and batteries. You would love gifts, but you would appreciate those gifts that do not cause disturbances or more noise.
11. You will find other parents going through the same phase as you
Having your kids playing with other kids and adjusting just fine makes you want to repeat the process over and over again. You will look for other parents who have new-born babies.
12. You love taking your shower
You cherish every moment in the bath. It is now a necessity and a moment of pleasure rather than a luxury.
13. You feel accomplished at getting into your pre-pregnancy clothes
You have a feeling of victory that you can finally fit into your former clothes; it is more like an accomplishment and a reward for getting back into shape.
14. You can take some alcohol after waiting for nine months
You have pure joy to signal your first glass of wine after waiting for nine LONG months in sobriety.
15. You are proud of making another human being
Every time your baby is in your hand you feel glad that you have contributed to humanity. Within you there is some sort of accomplishment that cannot be equated to anything in the world.
Featured photo credit: http://www.pixabay.com via pixabay.com