What do you think true love is?
What do you think true love looks like?
What comes to mind? Is it a Hollywood movie like The Notebook or Titanic? Maybe it’s your favorite couple from TV, such as Ross and Rachel from Friends, or real life celebrities like Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson. Or maybe your vision of the nature of true love is something closer to home, like the images in your mind of the kind of relationship your grandparents shared over many years?
Without a doubt, the term “true love” can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Also, while a lot of romantic movies, TV shows, and pop songs focus on the thrill of love at first sight and the beginnings of a relationship, content and functional long-term relationships aren’t depicted as frequently.
While grand gestures are often appreciated, the most important part of fostering a romantic, loving, and long-lasting relationship is ensuring that smaller, daily interactions with each other are thoughtful and respectful.
Artist Puung shows how important these kinds of small interactions are in these beautiful and heart-warming illustrations of romantic love. Each picture captures the daily and often mundane rituals of love that everyone can relate to. Through these simple images of everyday life, Puung is able to portray how meaningful the personal moments you share with your partner actually are.
As Puuung said on Facebook: “Love comes in ways that we can easily overlook in our daily lives. So, I try to find the meaning of love in our daily lives and make it into artwork.”
These amazing illustrations help to remind us that love is always beautiful, and touching moments of generosity and thoughtfulness can often be overlooked due to the humdrum nature of daily life.
If this series of illustrations captures your heart, you can view more of Puung’s work here.
So, which image below best describes your understanding of true love?
1. Love Is Bringing Each Other Pancakes
2. Love Is Looking After Each Other
3. Love Is Celebrating Together
4. Love Is Having Someone To Listen To Your Problems
5. Love is Watching Your Favorite TV Shows Together
6. Love Is Enjoying Each Other’s Company
7. Love Is Always Helping Out
8. Love Is Amazing Hugs
9. Love Is Just Being With Each Other
10. Love Is Making Each Other Laugh
11. Love Is Sharing With Each Other
12. Love Is Shopping Together
13. Love Is Singing Together
14. Love Is Having Someone To Hold When You Sleep
15. Love Is Dancing Together
16.Love Is Surprise Hugs
17. Love Is Visiting Places Together
18. Love Is Looking Out For Your Partner
19. Love Is In The Small Gifts
20. Love Is Someone Holding You When You Feel Sad
21. Love Is Cooking For Each Other
22. Love Is A Comfortable Silence
23. Love Is A Kiss On The Forehead
24. Love Is Appreciating The World With Your Partner
25. Love Is Laughing Over Dinner
26. Love Is Doing The Difficult Jobs Together
27. Love Is Getting Into Routines
28. Love Is Falling Asleep On The Sofa
29. Love Is Trusting Your Partner And Having Fun Together
30. Love Is Tucking Each Other In
31. Love Is Magical Moments
32. Love Is Thinking Of Each Other When You’re Alone
33. Love Is Waking Up Your Partner To Say Goodbye
34. Love Is Precious Memories
35. Love Is Napping Together
36. Love Is Someone Holding You When You Cry
37. Love Is Being Proud Of Your Partner
38. Love Is Surprise Kisses
39. Love Is Going Out Of Your Way To Make Your Partner Happy
40. Love Is Playing Around Together
What did you think of Puuung’s art? Do you relate to these depictions of the way in which romantic couples make a life together? Comment with your ideas and experiences below!
Featured photo credit: Puuung via i.imgur.com