Lost your mojo? Feeling more like life is living you vs. you living it? Forgot how to carpe your diem? Here are ten inspiring quotes to remind you that the best version of your life is fully available to you for the making and the taking! You have what it takes to get it done.
1. “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.” ~ Mikhail Baryshnikov
2. “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” ~ Victor E. Frankl
3. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” ~ Aristotle
4. “Your belief determines your action and your action determines your results, but first you have to believe.” ~ Mark Victor Hansen
5. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
6. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” ~ Pablo Picasso
7. “Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for: it is a thing to be achieved.” ~ William Jennings Bryan
8. “Endure and persist; this pain will turn to good by and by.” ~ Ovid
9. “Things do not change; we change.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
10. “The question here is not whether we will face uncomfortable situations, but how we will respond in these situations.” ~ Jeff Shore
It’s easy enough to put things off… and then hate yourself for it. Life can be genuinely overwhelming or your outlook can make it seem that way. But the truth is, whatever outcome you fear so intensely, is not going to kill you! Once you realize that you have been reacting to negative outcomes that are not actually possible, you are freed up. Every now and then you need some well-worded insight to get your head in the right space, which can make all the difference. Here are eight good reminders to improve both your perspective and your motivation.
1. “The most pernicious aspect of procrastination is that it can become a habit. We don’t just put off our lives today: we put them off till our deathbed.” ~ Steven Pressfield
2. “Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity.” ~ Joseph Sugarman
3. “Rationalization is a process not of perceiving reality, but of attempting to make reality fit one’s emotions.” ~ Ayn Rand
4. “When we focus on perfection, we will be forever frustrated. When we focus on progress, we feel invigorated.” ~ Jeff Shore
5. “Nothing stops the man who desires to achieve. Every obstacle is simply a course to develop his achievement muscle. It’s a strengthening of his powers of accomplishment.” ~ Thomas Carlyle
6. “The world turns on our every action, and our every omission, whether we know it or not.” ~ Abraham Verghese
7. “The secret of living a life of excellence is merely a matter of thinking thoughts of excellence. Really, it’s a matter of programming our minds with the kind of information that will set us free.” ~ Charles R. Swindoll
8. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” ~ Thomas Jefferson
We live in a world that promises quick answers. Changing for the better takes time, patience and hard work, and it is entirely possible! Start small, embrace discomfort as a means to change, and expect big things from yourself! You may just change the world because after all, you have what it takes!