Throughout history, there have been many notable and powerful women. They have left us with inspirational quotes for women that should be leveraged by anyone regardless of their position. My hope is that these uplifting quotes for women spark positive emotions and inspire women to take action in their lives – whether that action results in big changes or small ones.
111 Quotes About Strong Women
Use these inspirational quotes as a reminder that you are indeed strong and can overcome the many obstacles that appear in your path.
1. Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional. Let this be a sign that you’ve got a big heart and aren’t afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.
2. I am the type of person that will sit in the bathroom and cry, but then walk out like nothing ever happened.
3. You hate when people see you cry because you want to be that strong girl. But then you hate how nobody notices how broken and torn apart you are.
4. Be a girl with a mind, a woman with attitude, and a lady with class.
5. Go ahead. Tell me that I’m not good enough. Tell me I can’t do it, because I will show you over and over again that I can!
6. Do not judge, you don’t know what storm I’ve asked her to walk through.
7. The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.
8. Dear stress, let’s break up.
9. Stay strong. Make them wonder how you’re still smiling.
10. A strong woman is someone who is able to smile this morning like she wasn’t crying last night.
11. Smile and let everyone know that today, you’re a lot stronger than you were yesterday.
12. I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.
—C. G. Jung
13. I don’t want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself.
14. Being deeply loved gives you strength; Loving deeply gives you courage.
15. You attract what you are, not what you want. If you want great, then be great.
16. You’re allowed to scream, you’re allowed to cry, but never give up!
17. If you can dance and be free and be embarrassed, you can rule the world.
18. A strong woman knows how to keep her life in line. With tears in her eyes, she still manages to say, “Nah, I’m fine.”
19. If I ever let my head down it will be just to admire my shoes.
20. Little girls with dreams become women with vision!
21. Women have been trained to speak softly and carry a lipstick. Those days are over.
22. You can become strong and powerful and beautiful.
23. The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within—Strength, Courage, Dignity.
24. She is clothed with strength & dignity; She can laugh at the days to come.
25. She builds people up because she knows what it is like to be torn down.
—Shannon L. Alder
26. Strong women wear their pain like stilettos. No matter how much it hurts, all you see is the beauty of it.
27. This is the year I will be stronger, braver, kinder, and unstoppable. This year I will be fierce.
28. You only live once, you might as well as a badass!
29. A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.
30. Believe In Yourself A Little More.
31. You are stronger than you think.
32. Don’t Worry. God is never blind to your tears. Never deaf to your prayers. And never silent to your pain. He sees. He hears, and he will deliver you.
33. Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.
34. A strong woman loves, forgives, walks away, let’s go, tries again, and perseveres… No matter what life throws at her.
35. Character. Intelligence. Strength. Style. That Makes Beauty.
—Diane Von Furstenberg
36. Being both soft and strong is a combination very few have mastered.
37. We all have an unsuspected reserve of strength inside that emerges when life puts us to the test.
38. I’m too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.
39. Make A Fairy Tale And Go Live In It.
40. One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.
41. It’s better to break your own heart by leaving, rather than having that person break your heart every day you’re with them.
42. Make A Wish.
43. You’ve always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.
—Glinda, The Wizard of Oz
44. Hey Little Fighter, Soon Things Will Be Brighter!
45. A strong woman stands up for herself. A stronger woman stands up for everyone else.
46. Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.
47. You’re Beautiful.
48. Be that strong girl that everyone knew would make it through the worst, be that fearless girl, the one who would dare to do anything, be that independent girl who didn’t need a man; be that girl who never backed down.
49. Nothing Can Dim The Light That Shines From Within.
50. May my heart be brave, my mind fierce, and my spirit free.
51. I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one.
52. Nothing is more impressive than a woman who is secure in the unique way God made her.
53. You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.
54. Keep Your Hopes Up.
55. The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.
56. Happiness is not a destination. It’s a way of life.
57. Ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.
58. She Believed She Could, So She Did.
—R. S. Grey
59. I’ll be okay, just not today.
60. Don’t let anyone ever dull your sparkle.
61. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
62. One day someone is going to hug you so tight, that all of your broken pieces fit back together.
63. When someone else’s happiness is your happiness that is love.
—Lana Del Rey
64. If a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so. Think twice before reserving a space in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay.
65. You will forever be my always.
66. Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.
67. Whatever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy.
68. I smile like an idiot when I think about you.
69. By the way, I’m wearing the smile you gave me.
70. I knew who I was this morning but I’ve changed a few times since then.
—Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
71. She acts like summer & walks like rain.
—Train, Drops of Jupiter
72. The most memorable people in life will be the friends who loved you when you weren’t very lovable.
—Winnie the Pooh
73. Just a brunette and a blonde with an unbreakable bond. Best friends forever.
74. Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.
75. How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
—Winnie the Pooh
76. Time decides who you meet in life, your heart decides who you want in your life, and your behavior decides who stays in your life.
—Ziad K. Abdelnour
77. Only those who care about you can hear you when you’re quiet.
78. Apologizing doesn’t always mean you’re wrong and the other person is right. It means you value your relationship more than your ego.
79. To live will be an awfully big adventure.
80. It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
81. Never apologize for having high standards. People who really want to be in your life will rise up to meet them.
—Ziad K. Abdelnour
82. If you don’t know where you want to go, then it doesn’t matter which path you take.
—Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
83. Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.
84. Let it all go, see what stays.
85. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
86. I have an insane calling to be where I’m not.
87. It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
88. Don’t call it a dream, call it a plan.
89. She needed a hero, so that’s what she became.
90. Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.
91. Sometimes all you need is one person that shows you that it’s okay to let your guard down, be yourself, and love with no regrets.
92. Everything you do now is for your future. Think about that.
93. My dear friend, clear your mind of can’t.
94. Being someone’s first love is great, but being someone’s last love is beyond perfect.
95. The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.
96. A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong.
97. I am not a one in a million kind of girl. I am once in a lifetime kind of woman.
98. There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.
99. Females are the most beautiful, gorgeous creatures in the whole world. And I think that we are gorgeous no matter what size we are.
100. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
—George Bernard Shaw
101. Clothes aren’t going to change the world, the women who wear them will.
102. If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
103. Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist.
104. I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.
105. It is never too late to be what you might have been.
106. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
107. In a world that wants women to whisper, I choose to yell.
108. You are kind. You are smart. You are important.
109. Smile. You’re cute.
110. The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.
111. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
Be Inspired From Strong Women
As you can tell, there are many words of encouragement in the form of inspirational quotes for women available. Out of this list of quotes about women, I hope you have found some strong women quotes that resonate with you and inspire you to take action, however that may look like.
Featured photo credit: Omar Lopez via unsplash.com