1. Depression can make you feel left out, of your family or school. Feeling like you’re alone even when in a crowded room can be depressing.
2.Your worries can get so overwhelming. They pile up until you’re downing in them.
3. A distorted self image can accompany your sadness, you don’t see the person you truly are.
4. Depression can be suffocating, sapping you of the joy life once brought.
Depression can sometimes be too much for one person to handle on their own. Before your worries become too much for you to handle, you should consult a doctor. Sometimes people need therapy, or medication. Depression is the most common mental illness. Millions go through the same thing every year. It’s never too late to seek help. You’re not alone.
5. What once made you happy has taken on a more sinister appearance to you.
Everything seems to get you down. You have to pretend life is something you enjoy. When people ask if you’re okay, you say you are, but deep down inside you feel like you could die.
6. Your despair can sometimes be too much. Eventually you become too tired to function. You just want to sleep.
These images are just representation of a disorder that can claim lives. They can be found here in full.
Featured photo credit: Edward Honaker via huffingtonpost.com