I’m happy to have a dad who’s been taking very good care of the family and who always loves his daughters. I want to dedicate this post to all the fathers and daughters. I think every daughter wants and needs a dad who does these 30 things.
- A dad who loves and respects his wife, and is not afraid to show affection for her in front of others. When his daughter grows up, she’ll love someone who’ll cherish her the way her father cherishes her mother.
- A dad who loves his parents and his wife’s parents. He takes good care of them and is a role model to his daughter.
- A dad who doesn’t say foul words or smoke in front of his daughter (or doesn’t do these at all). He doesn’t want his daughter to learn any of these bad habits.
- A dad who’s willing to spend time with the family. He does not just physically present, but mentally involves in every stage of his daughter’s life as she’s growing up.
- A dad who lets his daughter ride on his shoulders all the time when she’s still a little girl.
- A dad who always pat his daughter’s head gently to show his encouragement for her.
- A dad who holds her little daughter up, throws her to the air and catches her back. He knows his little girl is brave enough to enjoy the fun, and when she grows up she won’t be afraid of height.
- A dad who is like a superhero and saves his daughter’s day when she needs help the most. He’ll try everything he can to make sure his daughter doesn’t feel helpless.
- A dad who doesn’t easily throw temper in front of his daughter even though he has had a rough day at work or is very stressful.
- A dad who can wisely choose sides in fights between his wife and his daughter (and sometimes, even his mother or mother-in-law).
- A dad who knows when and how to punish his daughter so she doesn’t get spoiled and can learn her lessons.
- A dad who teaches his daughter how to do sports to stay healthy. He goes cycling, jogging and hiking with his daughter.
- A dad who praises his daughter every now and then, for her beauty and her wisdom, so she’ll always feel confident about herself.
- A dad who never misses his daughter’s birthday, and because of this, his daughter will never miss his either.
- A dad who knows how to deal with his teenage daughter’s sadness. Instead of annoying her, he knows how to cheer her up.
- A dad who does not spy on his daughter, rather, talks with her frankly to find out how she thinks and feels.
- A dad who treats his daughter’s friends friendly. He doesn’t have to be very good-looking but will make her friends want to have a father like him.
- A dad who talks with his daughter about relationships and the way men think. He knows his daughter has to learn the life lessons herself but he wants her to know how to protect and love herself.
- A dad who feels a little jealous when his daughter starts dating, but at the same time feels happy for her.
- A dad who gains respect from his daughter’s boyfriend. Her boyfriend will learn from him how to be a respectable man and how to love and treat her right.
- A dad who allows his daughter to hold the wheel when she has got the driver’s license.
- A dad who trusts his daughter and gives her more freedom as she grows up.
- A dad who texts his daughter at late night just to make sure that she’s safe if she’s not home yet.
- A dad who’s always backing up his daughter when it comes to difficult situations like failing in exams, feeling under pressure and going through painful breakups.
- A dad who gives his daughter the firmest hug, and may even be in tears when he sees her off to somewhere else.
- A dad who is not afraid to show how much he misses his daughter when she has to leave for a while. He will send her emails and call her just to make sure she’s doing fine.
- A dad who supports the things his daughter does and encourage her to practice more and do the best all the time.
- A dad who secretly wipes his tears when it comes to the day that his daughter has found “the one” to marry.
- A dad who feels happier than his daughter when she has a baby. He will hug and kiss the baby the way he used to do with his little daughter.
- A dad who is proud of his daughter for whatever she has achieved. To him, she is always perfect.
I know what you’re going to say, no one in this world is perfect, right? That’s true, but my father is perfect to me (and my younger sister at least)!
Set a goal for yourself
Add To My Goal
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook