Making your life easier in at least one little way might be just what you need to get through the week intact. You never know when a stale cake will be the last straw in your lengthy list of frustrations! Save yourself some trouble and check out these thirty solutions for life’s little dilemmas:
1. The taste and smell of gum you chewed while studying will help your brain remember information if you chew the same gum during a test.
2. Freeze grapes and use them to keep white wine chilled without watering it down.
3. Drink grape juice to help reduce headaches.
4. When you have a cold, tape your first empty box of tissues to a full one. Easily contain your used tissues without a mess.
5. Rings turning your fingers green? Paint the inside of costume jewellery with clear nail polish.
6. Drill a couple holes in the bottom of your garbage bin to get rid of annoying suction.
7. Never have a messy, difficult time opening a freezer pop again.
8. DIY keyboard vacuum.
9. Put a marshmallow in the bottom of your ice cream cone to prevent leakage.
10. Assuming you live in an area that doesn’t use accented letters, they make perfect additions to passwords.
11. Re-purpose that plastic pants hanger from the store and use the clips for chip bags!
12. Instantly know which ear-bud is left or right
13. Pin pieces of bread to the open parts of a cake using toothpicks to keep it from going stale
14. Already sealed and stamped an envelope but forgot something or put in the wrong thing? Stick it in the freezer to undo the envelope glue.
15. The perfect way to have ice cold water to bring with you:
16. A Nutella jar lid is great for keeping opened canned food sealed.
17. Use a sticky note to clean between your keys (hint: use the sticky side).
18. Tired of people stealing your pens?
19. Put your laptop on top of a cardboard drink holder to let it air out and keep from overheating.
20. If you forget your phone charger, many hotel TVs have a USB plug that you can use instead.
21. Make a drip-free freezer pack:
22. Stuffed-up nose? Put a few drops of eucalyptus or peppermint oil in your tissue box, it’ll help clear your sinuses when you use a tissue
23. Trick your brain into thinking you’re eating more to help stop over-eating:
24. Bring a power-strip to the airport, become a hero
25. A laser pointer lens can turn your smartphone camera into a macro lens.
26. Get rid of annoying cereal dust:
27. Avoid wasting soap bars by sticking the sliver of leftover soap onto a new bar.
28. Cut an old pool noodle and use it to keep leather boots upright and avoid creases.
29. Transport pizza like a pro:
30. Not good at keeping up on current events? Go to Wikipedia and search [month] [year] for the time period you missed.
Featured photo credit: cardboard drink holder/G&A Packaging & Catering Supplies Ltd via delisupplies.co.uk