A rubber band generally has two destined paths when they come across me – bound around a stack of papers or at the end of my fingers in the form of a finger gun. However these little pieces of elasticated magic have far more uses than what we generally use them for and it’s time that we had the chance to see these uses and try them out.
1. Ensure your wine glasses are secured in the dishwasher with elastic bands.
2. Use rubber bands to stop your clothes from falling off hangers.
3. Use rubber bands to open up stubborn jars
4. Rubber bands can be used to stop your chopping board from sliding around.
5. Need some extra packing space in your luggage? Roll up your clothes and wrap 2 elastic bands around them.
6. Finding an old and rounded off screw is no longer a problem, simply use a rubber band to unscrew it.
7. Avoid getting locked out by looping a rubber band around the door handles and over the lock.
8. Create simple drink markers with rubber bands.
9. Use a rubber band to stop your tea bag from sinking.
10. Use a rubber band to create the perfect French manicure in the most easiest of ways.
11. Save yourself the mess of dripping paint with a strategic rubber band.
12. Secure lids with elastic bands when travelling to avoid food spillages.
13. Mark wires and cords with rubber bands to avoid confusion.
14. Use a rubber band to flick through paper.
15. Overcome slippery and stubborn nail polish bottles by using a rubber band.
Featured photo credit: Rubber hack/Food in Jars via foodinjars.com