Many people at some point in their lives have been in a situation like this: They’re laying in bed, depressed, and unable to sleep. They’re like this because their thoughts are nothing but negative.
“I am full of faults and flaws. I’m a complete and utter mess and that is the reason people don’t like me or want me around.”
“I hate myself. I am so worthless and can’t do anything right.”
“I just can’t fix the problems that are going on in my life. All I can do is make mistakes and create more trouble for folks.”
These scenarios happen all the time and for those looking for a solution, self-love is one of those avenues.
The catch with these solutions though is they are never so simple. It’s difficult to be loving yourself especially when you look at your past mistakes, the number of people you disappointed (yourself included), or judgemental thoughts that pop into your head. There are several obstacles that get in the way of us just loving ourselves.
All of these feelings are natural occurrences as we experience negativity, doubt, and even failure. The problem many people don’t realize that and it’s understandable why that is.
We all want to feel positive all the time.
At the end of the day, we all make mistakes and being able to stop self-harming thoughts like the ones mentioned above are a sign of mental strength. You too can achieve that by finding ways to put self-love into your life.
There are many ways for us to overcome these issues though. One such solution is through love yourself quotes.
Why Self Love Quotes — The Power Of Self Love Quotes
Self-love captions, and love myself quotes are effective methods to loving yourself and appreciating yourself because words have powerful meanings to us.
Our thoughts control our actions and beliefs tremendously. As such, quotes about self and loving yourself can prompt us to do just that: love ourselves and appreciate who we are and how far we’ve come.
If there are particular quotes in this list that you’re especially fond of, don’t be afraid to write it down and use it as a reminder. Post it on a wall or by your computer. Take a picture of it.
There are several ways to remind yourself that what you are going through is natural and right now it’s appropriate to love yourself and appreciate yourself.
44 Love Quotes To Love Yourself And Be Mentally Stronger
1. Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself.
2. Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.
3. Be proud of who you are, and not ashamed of how someone else sees you.
4. Be yourself. An original is so much better than a copy.
5. You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.
6. Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.
7. If you’re searching for that one person that will change your life, take a look in the mirror.
8. Stop underestimate yourself.
9. You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.
10. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
11. You are free, you are powerful, you are good, you are love, you have value, you have a purpose. All is well.
12. Put yourself at the top of your to-do list every single day and the rest will fall into place.
13. Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like your love yourself. Love yourself.
14. Believe in yourself a little more.
15. You were born to be real, not to be perfect.
16. One day i woke up and realised I was not made for anyone, I was made for me. I am my own.
17. There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let others get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
18. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right here.
19. The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.
20. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
21. It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.
22. Confidence is the ability to feel beautiful, without needing someone to tell you.
23. Self-confidence is the best outfit.
24. In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
25. Remind yourself that you cannot fail at being yourself.
26. Regardless of how anyone else feels about me, I am going to choose to love myself today.
27. No one is you and that is your power.
28. When I accept myself just as I am, i am freed from the burden of needing you accept me.
29. I am accepting myself unconditionally no matter what.
30. There is no sense in punishing your future for the mistakes of your past. Forgive yourself, grow from it, and then let it go.
31. Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.
32. Beauty begins the moment you decided to be yourself.
33. Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish. It makes you indestructible.
34. Self-love. It doesn’t mean that everyone will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. It means that you won’t let them change the way you see yourself; nor will you stick around for them to destroy you.
35. If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.
36. Demonstrate love by giving it, unconditionally, to yourself. And as you do, you will attract others into your life who will love you without conditions.
37. Never give up on anyone. And that includes not giving up on yourself.
38. I am not looking to escape my darkness, I’m learning to love myself here.
39. You’re a work of art. Not everyone will understand you, but the ones who do, will never forget about you.
40. Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.
41. To love yourself is to understand you don’t need to be perfect to be good.
42. Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.
43. Loving yourself is the greatest revolution
44. A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.
Using a self-love caption as a tool for mental resilience is smart and often necessary for those who emotionally harm themselves with their thoughts.
These quotes are able to serve as prompts and reminders that self-love is needed for growth and that everything you’re experiencing is natural. Learn to love yourself, and you’ll find it easier to appreciate what you have and where you will go in your life.
More Inspiring Quotes
- 50+ Best Motivational Quotes To Overcome Life’s Challenges
- 30 Of The Most Inspirational Quotes Of All Time
- 25 Inspirational Movie Quotes About The Most Valuable Life Lessons
Featured photo credit: Samantha Gades via unsplash.com